Bullnose Forums

Turn signal cam and harness

Mushrat79

In the tilt version it is a nightmare. Took me 4 hours when I did it. But I also had no clue what I was doing.:nabble_smiley_teeth:

So, I have a tilt as well. What I did was use the sleeve to act as a tunnel to push the wires through. Made it so much easier. Hopefully I never have to do this again, but hey, just in case!

Got it done today. Want a horrible job, but definitely necessary. I removed the connector as mentioned in here, and used the sleeve that comes with the harness as a "tunnel" to push the wires through. Then used a small screwdriver to force the pins open a little bit after re-attaching the connector, and done! Took care of my stop light issue. Picture attached of the old switch, and could see where the wires were worn from rubbing against the wheel. Not good! Anyway, now the weird thing is that the flashers, while they do work, tend to flash strangely. They flash, but, how to say... there's no tempo lol. Very random pattern. Any ideas?

Do you have any LED bulbs installed? They don't always flash properly.

Got it done today. Want a horrible job, but definitely necessary. I removed the connector as mentioned in here, and used the sleeve that comes with the harness as a "tunnel" to push the wires through. Then used a small screwdriver to force the pins open a little bit after re-attaching the connector, and done! Took care of my stop light issue. Picture attached of the old switch, and could see where the wires were worn from rubbing against the wheel. Not good! Anyway, now the weird thing is that the flashers, while they do work, tend to flash strangely. They flash, but, how to say... there's no tempo lol. Very random pattern. Any ideas?

Do you have any LED bulbs installed? They don't always flash properly.

Nope. Just standard bulbs.

Anyway, now the weird thing is that the flashers, while they do work, tend to flash strangely. They flash, but, how to say... there's no tempo lol. Very random pattern. Any ideas?

Do the hazard lights also flash with no tempo?

If they flash normally you might try swapping the turn signal flasher (front side of the fuse panel) with the hazard flasher that's on the back.

If both the hazard and turn signals are the same I'd go looking for a wire in the circuit hat isn't making 100% contact.

Wiring diagrams and troubleshooting available under documentation/electrical/EVTM/your general year

Anyway, now the weird thing is that the flashers, while they do work, tend to flash strangely. They flash, but, how to say... there's no tempo lol. Very random pattern. Any ideas?

Do the hazard lights also flash with no tempo?

If they flash normally you might try swapping the turn signal flasher (front side of the fuse panel) with the hazard flasher that's on the back.

If both the hazard and turn signals are the same I'd go looking for a wire in the circuit hat isn't making 100% contact.

Wiring diagrams and troubleshooting available under documentation/electrical/EVTM/your general year

The turn signals are flashing fine, it's the hazard that are off tempo. There's also no click from the flasher stat.

The turn signals are flashing fine, it's the hazard that are off tempo. There's also no click from the flasher stat.

I'd still start with swapping the flasher cans.

The hazard switch shares a fuse with your brake lights and feeds the turn signal switch through the W/R wire

But from there on out it uses* the same turn signal wiring(and you say that's all working fine)