Bullnose Forums

1985 Flareside FS w/Rear Tank - @FuzzFace2

That really IS unique! Maybe there are two of them in existence?

Thanks guys for pointing this out to me.

To tell the truth I got it from someone else that did it long before I did it.

That person did not post a lot on how he went about it but it was enough to light the flame under me to make my rear dual tank happen.

Wonder how he switches between the 2 tanks?

I used all the parts and wiring from my dual tank parts truck so it looks all factory.

I looked at the pictures of the truck and for 9k and the work it needs I think is a lot.

Then again I am cheap but the rust I am seeing the cab needs work.

We also dont know what the bed floor looks like?

I would like to know where he got that rear step bumper?

My brother told me the truck he got my tail gate and the fuel tank door I used for the rear tank said the truck also had a step bumper that did not hang over the ends.

He thought it might of been off an Chevy S10? Dont know what brackets it would have used?

Dave ----

Thanks guys for pointing this out to me.

To tell the truth I got it from someone else that did it long before I did it.

That person did not post a lot on how he went about it but it was enough to light the flame under me to make my rear dual tank happen.

Wonder how he switches between the 2 tanks?

I used all the parts and wiring from my dual tank parts truck so it looks all factory.

I looked at the pictures of the truck and for 9k and the work it needs I think is a lot.

Then again I am cheap but the rust I am seeing the cab needs work.

We also dont know what the bed floor looks like?

I would like to know where he got that rear step bumper?

My brother told me the truck he got my tail gate and the fuel tank door I used for the rear tank said the truck also had a step bumper that did not hang over the ends.

He thought it might of been off an Chevy S10? Dont know what brackets it would have used?

Dave ----

Dave,

I think you're right, that $9k is a bit pricey for this truck.

That rear bumper appears to be from a 1992-1996 Flareside. The top plastic cover is missing, and so is the step (it's a separate piece that bolts to the bottom of the bumper).

Dave,

I think you're right, that $9k is a bit pricey for this truck.

That rear bumper appears to be from a 1992-1996 Flareside. The top plastic cover is missing, and so is the step (it's a separate piece that bolts to the bottom of the bumper).

Cory now that you say that of the rear bumper and I went back to look I think you are right.

So are the rear steps removable on the later flare sides as I cant see how that step would blend in to them like yours dose?

Dave ----

Cory now that you say that of the rear bumper and I went back to look I think you are right.

So are the rear steps removable on the later flare sides as I cant see how that step would blend in to them like yours dose?

Dave ----

Ya, it looks like mine, but without the top plastic cover (it just snaps in place through square holes). The step/tow bar bolts to the bottom and is a separate piece. Looks like this guy left it off to clear the receiver hitch I guess?

IMG_3270.jpeg.5fa56a579697f3b1b66ed37ccb281ff0.jpeg