Bullnose Forums

Have You Played With Microsoft Copilot?

Interesting article, Jim. Very scary! They've apparently reigned it in a bunch as it seems fairly tame at the moment, but it is very, very obvious that this may be Alpha, not Beta. A lot of things on Copilot do not work well at all.

Relevant articles discussing Copilot's former egos

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/02/ai-powered-bing-chat-loses-its-mind-when-fed-ars-technica-article/

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/03/microsoft-equips-bing-chat-with-multiple-personalities-creative-balanced-precise/

So it not only been lobotomized, it's got DID

From the first article: "In the face of a machine that gets angry, tells lies, and argues with its users, it's clear that Bing Chat is not ready for wide release."

"Already, Bing Chat is known to spit out erroneous information that could slander people or companies, fuel conspiracies, endanger people through false association or accusation, or simply misinform. We are inviting an artificial mind that we do not fully understand to advise and teach us, and that seems ill-conceived at this point in time."

"And that's why Bing Chat is currently in a limited beta test,"

This points to the Beta being last February...

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In french they call them "téléphones intelligents". Still looking for this brightness feature...

On my Android the brightness slider is at the bottom of the pulldown shade..... :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Jim - I missed that the mapping apps already send people around choke points. Glad you pointed that out.

As for Bing Chat/Copilot, those articles are chilling. But, if you think about it, not all that un-expected. The thing has a personality and they've not taught it that it needs to admit when it is wrong. We have to teach kids that, so why not computers?

Anyway, this is interesting but I'm the taxi driver taking various parts of the family to see things and bring them back, as well as work on Lil Blue a bit until TJ gets here this afternoon. So I've gotta go... :nabble_smiley_super:

Jim - I missed that the mapping apps already send people around choke points. Glad you pointed that out.

As for Bing Chat/Copilot, those articles are chilling. But, if you think about it, not all that un-expected. The thing has a personality and they've not taught it that it needs to admit when it is wrong. We have to teach kids that, so why not computers?

Anyway, this is interesting but I'm the taxi driver taking various parts of the family to see things and bring them back, as well as work on Lil Blue a bit until TJ gets here this afternoon. So I've gotta go... :nabble_smiley_super:

I'm sure you're busy shuttling family around.

No, it's not unexpected. Realize they are starting with an infant.

That's why I focus on the learning model.

But when you have a chatbot that is not coded to "admit" that it may be wrong you have a dystopian sci-fi story.

What happens when one of these gets a hold of SCADA controlling the web or power grid?

"Open the pod bay doors HAL"

But when you have a chatbot that is not coded to "admit" that it may be wrong you have a dystopian sci-fi story.

What happens when one of these gets a hold of SCADA controlling the web or power grid?

Somehow I see Slim Pickens, slapping his hat. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I can't do that Dave.