Bullnose Forums

Have You Played With Microsoft Copilot?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A blissful month with no worries about being taken over by AI. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Luckily my new tablet doesn't have that key. But even if it did there's a tutorial on how to reprogram it.

I was already thinking it, but at least this article says: "This all has made the Copilot button seem more like a way to force the adoption of Microsoft's chatbot than a way to improve Windows keyboards."

A blissful month with no worries about being taken over by AI. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Luckily my new tablet doesn't have that key. But even if it did there's a tutorial on how to reprogram it.

I was already thinking it, but at least this article says: "This all has made the Copilot button seem more like a way to force the adoption of Microsoft's chatbot than a way to improve Windows keyboards."

And they're not wrong!

Don't worry, our robot overloads are coming, wether we're ready willing and able, or not!

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

• 2 weeks later...

Luckily I'm not one of the ones being targeted with SGE as my searches don't have it. But, like the author of that bit, I don't want it. Like him my searches are usually for something specific, like White Dog Hill Restaurant and I need the phone number and address.

Luckily I'm not one of the ones being targeted with SGE as my searches don't have it. But, like the author of that bit, I don't want it. Like him my searches are usually for something specific, like White Dog Hill Restaurant and I need the phone number and address.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2024/04/meta-releases-chatgpt-like-ai-site-and-open-weights-llama-3-model/

Yes, especially in propaganda. The statement that it could "allow anyone with similar tools to take a photo of a person found online and make them appear to say whatever they want" is scary.

However it won't be able to pick up someone's mannerisms from a single picture, so it will be possible to figure out that it is a fake. But it won't be immediately obvious to people who've not watched that person extensively, and before it is labeled a fake the damage will have been done.

We watched a movie the other evening that had an actress in it that we saw in a multi-season series several years ago. We'd seen her so much that when she made a particular move in this movie we remembered that move from a specific scene in the series. So if someone took a picture of her and made it into a video we might be able to say it is a fake. But even then it is a subjective call and there's no proof.

:nabble_smiley_oh:

Yes, especially in propaganda. The statement that it could "allow anyone with similar tools to take a photo of a person found online and make them appear to say whatever they want" is scary.

However it won't be able to pick up someone's mannerisms from a single picture, so it will be possible to figure out that it is a fake. But it won't be immediately obvious to people who've not watched that person extensively, and before it is labeled a fake the damage will have been done.

We watched a movie the other evening that had an actress in it that we saw in a multi-season series several years ago. We'd seen her so much that when she made a particular move in this movie we remembered that move from a specific scene in the series. So if someone took a picture of her and made it into a video we might be able to say it is a fake. But even then it is a subjective call and there's no proof.

:nabble_smiley_oh:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2024/04/microsofts-phi-3-shows-the-surprising-power-of-small-locally-run-ai-language-models/

Everybody is cramming AI ahead of earnings calls. :nabble_smiley_teeth:. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: