Bullnose Forums

Have You Played With Microsoft Copilot?

OCR is very time consuming and resource intensive, when it comes to something like that....

Do yourself a favor, and look up how much of the energy grid is consumed by data centers and server farms in the United States.... 💡

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

«Despite the lack of consensus over whether large language models "know" or "reason," the AI research community commonly uses those terms.»

For the moment, I would say that our Forum has know reason to fear about AI replacing its members as source of information and relationship.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

«Despite the lack of consensus over whether large language models "know" or "reason," the AI research community commonly uses those terms.»

For the moment, I would say that our Forum has know reason to fear about AI replacing its members as source of information and relationship.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

"And so, the point of all that is that when Anthropic says that Claude 3 can outperform GPT-4 Turbo, which is currently still widely seen as the market leader in terms of general capability and low hallucinations, one needs to take that with a grain of salt—or a dose of vibes."

In other words it lies, and if you know it lies how do you trust anything it says? :nabble_anim_confused:

The young lady whose Charger we were painting over the weekend said her professor lets them use ChatGPT at university. So I asked how she used it she said she never uses any "findings" it has. Instead she asks what she might write her term paper on, or how to structure it.

"And so, the point of all that is that when Anthropic says that Claude 3 can outperform GPT-4 Turbo, which is currently still widely seen as the market leader in terms of general capability and low hallucinations, one needs to take that with a grain of salt—or a dose of vibes."

In other words it lies, and if you know it lies how do you trust anything it says? :nabble_anim_confused:

The young lady whose Charger we were painting over the weekend said her professor lets them use ChatGPT at university. So I asked how she used it she said she never uses any "findings" it has. Instead she asks what she might write her term paper on, or how to structure it.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2024/03/claude-3-seems-to-detect-when-it-is-being-tested-sparking-ai-buzz-online/

That's very interesting - both the response from Claude 3 and the responses from various "authorities". I hadn't expected the authorities to be so all over the map.

While I did sorta see most of their thinking, I don't agree with the one about engines. In that case the ECU was specifically programmed to recognize when it was being tested and turn the emissions controls on. But with Claude 3 I don't think that was the case.

That's very interesting - both the response from Claude 3 and the responses from various "authorities". I hadn't expected the authorities to be so all over the map.

While I did sorta see most of their thinking, I don't agree with the one about engines. In that case the ECU was specifically programmed to recognize when it was being tested and turn the emissions controls on. But with Claude 3 I don't think that was the case.

Agreed!

Cummins & Bosch were not only dishonest, but deceitful.

Claude is just a learning model.

I don't like this "AI of everything "!