Bullnose Forums

Have You Played With Microsoft Copilot?

I'd read about that case, although not that article. But it comes to the same conclusion that that I have - at this point things like Bard and Bing are little more than toys that can spit out what seems to be good info but can easily be totally and completely W.R.O.N.G.

Today I played with Bing/Copilot a bit more and despite me being signed into my Microsoft account, meaning it knows who I am, it has forgotten what I taught it yesterday about the difference between the Bullnose Forum, the Bullnose Bible, and garysgaragemahal. It had it straight yesterday, but completely confused it today.

Then I tested it some more on the page at Documentation/Driveline/Axles & Differentials and the tab entitled Bob's Thoughts On Differentials. I had the page open in Edge and Bing open beside it and asked it to summarize it. The results were not correct, so I gave it the URL to the page and got different incorrect results.

But part of the error was that it included an email address and telephone number for me - both of which were wrong. In fact, they appear to be totally made up, and when I challenged Bing on them he said "I’m sorry, I got the email address and telephone number from the web search results, using the query “gary@garysgaragemahal.com” and “561-718-7911”. I thought they were your contact information, but I was wrong. I apologize for the mistake. 😕"

There is nowhere on that page that even hints at contact information for anyone, so why it did a search using those parameters I have no clue. I've wasted too much time playing with this toy. :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Note that when MS lobotomized it they gave it three 'personas'

Can you request the creative, conversational or accurate one?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that when MS lobotomized it they gave it three 'personas'

Can you request the creative, conversational or accurate one?

The above stuff stuff was from the creative one. So I started over with “accurate” on and asked the same questions. And got basically the same bogus answers.

I told it specifically NOT to go anywhere but that tab and to summarize what it said in the tab. And it did exactly what I told it not to do and dreamed up stuff about “Bob”.

I told it that stuff was bogus, that it couldn’t follow explicit directions, and that I was done with it.

Can you see the content in the various tabs? For instance, please summarize Bob's Thoughts On Differentials.

The response I got was:

Sure, I can see the content in the various tabs on the Bullnose Bible. Here is a summary of Bob’s Thoughts On Differentials:

[...]

My response was "Man, you lost me!"

I drink to that.

Hi, Bob.

The above stuff stuff was from the creative one. So I started over with “accurate” on and asked the same questions. And got basically the same bogus answers.

I told it specifically NOT to go anywhere but that tab and to summarize what it said in the tab. And it did exactly what I told it not to do and dreamed up stuff about “Bob”.

I told it that stuff was bogus, that it couldn’t follow explicit directions, and that I was done with it.

I'm not surprised it lies like a 3 year old caught covered in cookie crumbs.😆

At least it's not insolent.

And this, when specifically asked to be accurate and truthful? 🧐

You see why I pointed out before that some of the truck articles you linked were written by chatbots.

I'm not surprised it lies like a 3 year old caught covered in cookie crumbs.😆

At least it's not insolent.

And this, when specifically asked to be accurate and truthful? 🧐

You see why I pointed out before that some of the truck articles you linked were written by chatbots.

Yes, Bob is quite the guy. Hi, Bob!

And I do see, Jim. I’m sure some year that Bing/Copilot will be useful, but right now I don’t trust it at all. It will not follow instructions and lies to your face.

Yes, Bob is quite the guy. Hi, Bob!

And I do see, Jim. I’m sure some year that Bing/Copilot will be useful, but right now I don’t trust it at all. It will not follow instructions and lies to your face.

Hopefully you've learned to NEVER trust our robot overlords.

They are psychopaths and only 'apologize' because that is part of their script.

Definitely not because they feel, or care about your feelings.

Mark my words, this will get loose and pretty much become HAL

Hopefully you've learned to NEVER trust our robot overlords.

They are psychopaths and only 'apologize' because that is part of their script.

Definitely not because they feel, or care about your feelings.

Mark my words, this will get loose and pretty much become HAL

Yup, yup, and yup. In that order.