Bullnose Forums

Have You Played With Microsoft Copilot?

"It's impressive to process documents that large, but the model, like every large language model, is highly likely to confabulate interpretations across large contexts. We wouldn't trust it to soundly analyze 1 million tokens without mistakes, so that's putting a lot of faith into poorly understood LLM hands."

Interesting quote... 😕

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/02/air-canada-must-honor-refund-policy-invented-by-airlines-chatbot/

😄😆😅😂🤣

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting quote... 😕

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/02/air-canada-must-honor-refund-policy-invented-by-airlines-chatbot/

😄😆😅😂🤣

That's funny! And telling.

At least right now chatbots cannot be trusted to tell the truth, so disclaimers must be made. But if you tell me that the information you are providing might not be accurate then I'm not going to believe anything you say. So what's the point?

That's funny! And telling.

At least right now chatbots cannot be trusted to tell the truth, so disclaimers must be made. But if you tell me that the information you are providing might not be accurate then I'm not going to believe anything you say. So what's the point?

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2024/02/google-goes-open-ai-with-gemma-a-free-open-weights-chatbot-family/

🙄. There may have been a reason I linked this....

Assumed so.

I know very little about Python as it was developed long after I passed my level of incompetence. But it is intriguing to think that we could have AI write a program to actually migrate us over.

I can see two ways of doing that - write the program to play like a user and actually post exactly what's on Nabble. But that would be tedious as we have ~2000 users and would have to create all of those accounts so it could log on and post. Plus it would probably take a long time.

The other would be to study both file structures and recreate the files in the new forum's format. But the user's passwords are encrypted so while we might be able to move the content I'm not sure we could set it up so they could automatically log on.

Assumed so.I know very little about Python as it was developed long after I passed my level of incompetence. But it is intriguing to think that we could have AI write a program to actually migrate us over.I can see two ways of doing that - write the program to play like a user and actually post exactly what's on Nabble. But that would be tedious as we have ~2000 users and would have to create all of those accounts so it could log on and post. Plus it would probably take a long time.The other would be to study both file structures and recreate the files in the new forum's format. But the user's passwords are encrypted so while we might be able to move the content I'm not sure we could set it up so they could automatically log on.
A guy I worked with at Computer Sciences sent me a link to this video from 60 Minutes regarding AI. It is slightly out of date, but is still interesting nonetheless.

I got a kick out of the reporter seeing what it had created with regard to her work experience, and it reminded me of the "Bob" that was a Ford engineer that Copilot created. Apparently they call it "hallucination" and they don't seem to be too worried about it. But to me it is a show stopper.

On the other hand, the ability for robots to learn to play soccer on their own is amazing. So I can see how this is going to be a game changer.

And the data center in Pryor is on the land that was the "powder plant" during WWII. I've hunted that land for quail, fished in the creeks, and picked up pieces of really hard aluminum from the scrap pile.

A guy I worked with at Computer Sciences sent me a link to this video from 60 Minutes regarding AI. It is slightly out of date, but is still interesting nonetheless.

I got a kick out of the reporter seeing what it had created with regard to her work experience, and it reminded me of the "Bob" that was a Ford engineer that Copilot created. Apparently they call it "hallucination" and they don't seem to be too worried about it. But to me it is a show stopper.

On the other hand, the ability for robots to learn to play soccer on their own is amazing. So I can see how this is going to be a game changer.

And the data center in Pryor is on the land that was the "powder plant" during WWII. I've hunted that land for quail, fished in the creeks, and picked up pieces of really hard aluminum from the scrap pile.

Lol!Gary, I suppose this video contains some dark military secrets? Not available outside US.:nabble_smiley_evil:Capture_dcran_le_2024-02-27__17.jpg.3e6472d333762dfb6c61e7863d99cc99.jpg

Lol!

Gary, I suppose this video contains some dark military secrets? Not available outside US.

:nabble_smiley_evil:

Well, that's a bummer!

One of the points is that there will be MAJOR changes in our lifetimes. One of the cool things was that they built robots that didn't know how to walk, much less run, and they told them the rules of soccer - and the robots quickly learned how to walk then run and to play soccer - all on their own.

Well, that's a bummer!

One of the points is that there will be MAJOR changes in our lifetimes. One of the cool things was that they built robots that didn't know how to walk, much less run, and they told them the rules of soccer - and the robots quickly learned how to walk then run and to play soccer - all on their own.

The carriage house I mostly grew up in was previously occupied by this guy.... 🙄

Maybe there's something in the water???

https://www.invent.org/inductees/george-devol#:~:text=In%20the%201930s%2C%20George%20Devol,a%20drum%20or%20other%20medium.

https://www.invent.org/blog/inventors/George-Devol-Industrial-Robot