Bullnose Forums

Have You Played With Microsoft Copilot?

Microsoft has introduced Copilot that is supposed to be a whizz-bang AI tool to let you explore, learn, etc. So tonight I thought I'd give it a try and posed this question to it: "What are the most popular forums for the Ford bullnose trucks?"

And here are the results:

The Ford bullnose trucks are the 1980-1986 models of the F-Series pickups and Broncos, which have a distinctive rounded front end. These trucks are popular among Ford enthusiasts and collectors, and there are several forums on the internet where you can find information, tips, advice, and discussions about them. Some of the most popular forums for the Ford bullnose trucks are:

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums: This is the largest source of information and community for Ford truck and SUV owners and enthusiasts. The forum has a dedicated section for the 1980-1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks, where you can find over 2,000 pages of threads covering a wide range of topics and models of the bullnose trucks. Some of the popular sub-forums include '80-'86 FAQs, '80-'86 HOWTO’s, and Picture Gallery. The forum is active and friendly, with many users sharing their experiences, opinions, and photos of their bullnose trucks.

Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum: This is a forum dedicated to the 1980-1986 Ford pickups and Broncos. Here you can ask questions about these trucks, make comments about yours or those of others, and help others with their projects and problems. The forum has sections for new members, resources and how-to’s, projects, garage/shop and tools, picture gallery, and more. The forum also has a marketplace where you can buy, sell, or trade parts and vehicles related to the bullnose trucks. The forum is moderated by Gary Lewis, a well-known bullnose truck expert and author of several books on Ford trucks.

Note that there's a disclaimer that says:

The accuracy of Copilot results may vary depending on the type, complexity, and context of the code or content that is being generated. According to some sources, Copilot can produce correct and high-quality code suggestions for a variety of problems, with comparable accuracy to genetic programming. However, Copilot is not a perfect solution and may sometimes generate incorrect, incomplete, or insecure code or content that requires manual review and editing by the user. Copilot also relies on a large corpus of public code and data, which may not always reflect the best practices or the latest standards of the domain. Therefore, users should always check the facts, data, and text for accuracy and validity before using them. Copilot is designed to be a helpful assistant that can enhance the productivity and creativity of developers and content creators, but not a replacement for human intelligence and judgment. 😊

Given what it said about me I'd not only not go to the bank with it, I'd doubt it at every opportunity! :nabble_smiley_oh:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Several eight page microanalyses"....I didn't know you'd published, Gary. :nabble_smiley_cool:Where can I purchase these tomes? :nabble_smiley_whistling:I'd like to shelve them in a place of honour, right next to my jar of chicken lips. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:
Is there such a thing a "reader published"? In other words, if someone was reading a tome and hit Print, would that qualify? If so, you are welcome to use up your own paper and ink to keep your chicken lips company. But I'm not sure it would be worth the paper it was written on, much less that plus the ink. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I did some more playing with Copilot and I'm not sure it is ready for prime time. Maybe what I have, which is billed as a "preview" isn't the real thing. But its answers aren't completely accurate, although they do have some interesting tidbits.

For instance, here's Copilot's answer to "What is the most famous Bullnose Truck:

The most famous bullnose truck is a matter of opinion, but some possible candidates are:

Big Blue: This is the name of a 1985 Ford F250HD 4x4 truck that belongs to Gary Lewis, the creator and owner of garysgaragemahal.com, a website that is dedicated to being the world’s best documentation website and discussion community for 1980-1986 Ford trucks and Broncos1. Big Blue is a beautiful and powerful truck that features a 460 cu.in. V-8 engine, a ZF5 manual transmission, a Dana 60 front axle with an Ox locker, and a 10.25 Spicer rear axle with a Trutrac limited slip differential2. Big Blue is Gary’s pride and joy, and he has been working on and restoring it since he bought it in 19992. He has also written several articles and books on various aspects of Big Blue, such as wiring, engine, transmission, and more2. Big Blue is a respected and admired member of the bullnose community, and it is featured on the homepage of garysgaragemahal.com1.

The A-Team Van: This is the name of a 1983 Ford E-150 cargo van that was used by the fictional team of ex-military commandos in the popular TV series The A-Team, which aired from 1983 to 19873. The A-Team Van was a modified bullnose van that had a distinctive black and red paint scheme, a red spoiler, a roof-mounted spoiler, a quad exhaust system, and a set of turbine mag wheels3. The A-Team Van was also equipped with various weapons and gadgets that the team used to fight crime and escape from their pursuers3. The A-Team Van was a symbol of the team’s resourcefulness and style, and it became an iconic vehicle in pop culture history3.

The Terminator Truck: This is the name of a 1984 Ford F-150 4x4 truck that was used by the T-800, a cyborg assassin from the future, in the 1984 sci-fi movie The Terminator4. The Terminator Truck was a stock bullnose truck that had a blue and white paint scheme, a camper shell, and a set of off-road tires4. The Terminator Truck was used by the T-800 to chase and attack Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese, the protagonists of the movie, who were trying to escape from him in a stolen car4. The Terminator Truck was eventually destroyed by a pipe bomb that Reese threw into its cab, causing it to explode and catch fire4. The Terminator Truck was a menacing and relentless vehicle that matched the personality of the T-8004.

1. forum.garysgaragemahal.com

2. drivingline.com

3. ford-trucks.com

4. garysgaragemahal.com

5. bullnosegarage.com

So my guess is that it is just counting the number of words written about the various trucks. But it is freaky that it already knows that Big Blue has a Blue Top steering box as that happened about two weeks ago.

Big Blue is a beautiful and powerful truck that features a 460 cu.in. V-8 engine, a ZF5 manual transmission, a Dana 60 front axle with an Ox locker, and a 10.25 Spicer rear axle

???? :nabble_anim_confused:

One of these things is not like the other

Sorry, but you lost me. (I think Copilot missed the "dense" part.)

It says 10.25" Spicer axle (as does your sig)

But Dana/Spicer made the D60/70/80

Ford/Sterling made the 10.25/10.50 axles.

CoPilot is not 'intelligent' it just regurgitates what it sees.

Ahhh! I see said the blind man! It is reading my signature, which is wrong. I've fixed that, thank you very much. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I'm using Copilot in other than Bullnose ways now and it is helping. I have this new Microsoft Surface Pro 9 tablet and have read that it has the ability to limit the battery charging to 80% in order to prevent the battery from degrading. But I haven't been able to find out how to turn that feature on.

So I searched for it and it came back with a complex process involving rebooting the device while holding the Volume Up key. I'm sure I would have tried that soon. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Ahhh! I see said the blind man! It is reading my signature, which is wrong. I've fixed that, thank you very much. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I'm using Copilot in other than Bullnose ways now and it is helping. I have this new Microsoft Surface Pro 9 tablet and have read that it has the ability to limit the battery charging to 80% in order to prevent the battery from degrading. But I haven't been able to find out how to turn that feature on.

So I searched for it and it came back with a complex process involving rebooting the device while holding the Volume Up key. I'm sure I would have tried that soon. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I just got a scrapped Surface that i replaced the SSD.

Microsoft is NOT cooperating with a fresh Win10 install! 😡

I'm sure I'll have to resort to something like CoPilot to figure this out. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I just got a scrapped Surface that i replaced the SSD.

Microsoft is NOT cooperating with a fresh Win10 install! 😡

I'm sure I'll have to resort to something like CoPilot to figure this out. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I was told by a Geek Squad member that Surface devices take a proprietary version of Windows. Apparently they’ve tried to load a box-stock version with no luck.

This was when I was asking for help figuring out why the Mongoose cable won’t work. 😩

I was told by a Geek Squad member that Surface devices take a proprietary version of Windows. Apparently they’ve tried to load a box-stock version with no luck.

This was when I was asking for help figuring out why the Mongoose cable won’t work. 😩

In response to "Do Microsoft Surface devices run a proprietary version of Windows?"

No, Microsoft Surface devices do not run a proprietary version of Windows. They run the same Windows operating system as other compatible devices, but they may have some additional features or settings that are specific to the Surface hardware and firmware. For example, some Surface devices have a Battery Limit Mode that prevents the battery from overcharging and degrading by stopping at 80% charge1. This feature can be enabled or disabled in the Surface UEFI settings1.

Some Surface devices also have the option to choose the operating system installed on them, such as Windows 10 or Windows 11. This option is available for commercial customers who purchase new Surface devices, such as Surface Pro 8, Surface Laptop Studio, and Surface Go 32. They can choose the operating system that best suits their needs and preferences, and they can also switch between them later if they want2.

Microsoft Surface devices are designed to bring out the best of Windows, and they are compatible with the latest updates and features of the operating system. They are also secure and reliable, as they have crypto-processor security measures built in, and they receive regular firmware and driver updates from Microsoft3. Microsoft Surface devices are premium devices that set examples for manufacturers of other Windows-compatible products.