Bullnose Forums

Solenoid wiring

IowaTom

Great stuff, Guys. I really appreciate everyone's ideas.

My neighbor is a mechanic by trade and sold me the truck a few years ago. He came over, looked at the wiring and heard the story - that it ran started fine before many, many times. He climbed under it, gave it a few friendly taps with my Tonya Harding (hammer) and it sprang to life.

Love those offshore starters. Mine was good for a year.

Well, you weren't crazy.

Stinks that your starter didn't last, but at least you can get by until you change it.

Thank you for closing the loop.:nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff, Guys. I really appreciate everyone's ideas.

My neighbor is a mechanic by trade and sold me the truck a few years ago. He came over, looked at the wiring and heard the story - that it ran started fine before many, many times. He climbed under it, gave it a few friendly taps with my Tonya Harding (hammer) and it sprang to life.

Love those offshore starters. Mine was good for a year.

Happy to hear you found the problem. "Dead spot" starters are a running sore.

There are probably some reliable brands that friends here can suggest?

Jim - I'll start a new thread specifically about this "mysterious" clutch switch.

Happy to hear you found the problem. "Dead spot" starters are a running sore.

There are probably some reliable brands that friends here can suggest?

Jim - I'll start a new thread specifically about this "mysterious" clutch switch.

I'm currently running an AutoZone Duralast Reman PMGR. Decent enough quality and if you have a problem covered under the lifetime warranty, AZ's are everywhere. I tried a DB unit, but it didn't fit...

Thread for reference: https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/What-s-the-current-recommendation-on-PMGR-starters-td130935.html