Bullnose Forums

Dash speaker size/ cb radio location

Can't tell in the pictures, do you have bucket seats and a center console?

I put one I had on the right side, front, of the center console. I had an auto, but it was out of my way there.

Interesting CB, don't think I've ever seen that one!

If you're new to CB's, measure your SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) for your antenna.

One of my combos is a "they say you can't" setup that I really like. Cobra 148GTL, they say don't get the Chinese made ones, mine is and it's awesome, good transmit and receive.

They say don't use a magnet mount antenna permanently, I have a Wilson 1000 mag mount, best antenna I have had.

They say don't use a cigarette lighter plug, run it directly to the battery, I have ran direct wires and now always use a cig plug, i don't hear a difference, it's a noisy AM radio.

That's a cool looking radio.

Also, could you explain SWR for me? Speak slowly, I learn at about a kindergarten level. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This cab is getting crowded!

:nabble_smiley_whistling: 🙄 :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Ah, sweet child,

You're new at this aren't you?

Ask Gary for some pictures of "Mission Control", and his backup camera mirror, and the molded plastic headliner with speakers and CB, and the console with cupholders, and the storage box behind the seat with the charging dock, the 3000/6000W inverter, relays, fire extinguisher, go bag, etc.... ad infinitum. 🤯

Storage box behind the seat!? I thought Big Blue was a standard cab?

This cab is getting crowded!

:nabble_smiley_whistling: 🙄 :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Ah, sweet child,

You're new at this aren't you?

Ask Gary for some pictures of "Mission Control", and his backup camera mirror, and the molded plastic headliner with speakers and CB, and the console with cupholders, and the storage box behind the seat with the charging dock, the 3000/6000W inverter, relays, fire extinguisher, go bag, etc.... ad infinitum. 🤯

Wow! All of that in a regular cab? How do the passengers get in? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Yes, all of that is in there. Here are some shots of a few of the things you mentioned:

Mission_Control_With_Filler_Panel__XLT.thumb.jpg.6c03639eb4e8db176cf53793ea477df2.jpg

Behind_The_Seat_With_Inverter__Power_Box_Mocked_Up.thumb.jpg.65357ede8456e388afd4981331974780.jpg

Console_4_Inches_Back.thumb.jpg.f1e3284c1d873892c7a3cee853a5ce15.jpg

Storage box behind the seat!? I thought Big Blue was a standard cab?

It is. There's still room for a full width set of shelves (which happen to incorporate a large inverter, some relays for the air compressor in back, a bunch of USB ports, etc.

Standing Wave Ratio is basically a measure of how much radio output makes it through the antenna and into the air.

You want to make sure the hood ground is well connected (by the passenger hinge) as this is part of your ground plane.

Sometimes you need to do some impedance matching using a balun in the antenna cable.

Wow! All of that in a regular cab? How do the passengers get in? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Yes, all of that is in there. Here are some shots of a few of the things you mentioned:

That's one heck of an inverter! I also noticed that you have a bricknose steering wheel. I thought of doing that at one point, but I couldn't find one anywhere for a reasonable price.

This is my other cb that does not currently have a home:

20231130_184842.jpg.4d39d171eb2fcc7694dc3f4641f67d1c.jpg

And the other two, for the Ranger and Honda:

20231130_184923.jpg.133943919822658c8f4cada5cc74c550.jpg

You still don't show the CB/mic and backup mirror. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/sarcastic-23_orig.gif

That's what this thread's about...

I don't have a good picture of that, but maybe these two will do.

And you can also see the rear view mirror, which has been replaced with a 12" wide LCD that shows the front and rear camera outputs. It looks like a mirror, and actually works like one until it is turned on. Then it shows the output of the front camera, both front and rear, or rear only. I have it in both mode until going into reverse, at which point it is all rear. And it also shows speed from the GPS unit as well as time - also from the satellites.

Mike__Cord_Holders_Installed.thumb.jpg.a16b1e71f21e85d7511919d806367512.jpgGMRS_Radio_Installed.thumb.jpg.5be07d0b732957a477a43759d530ad4c.jpg

I don't have a good picture of that, but maybe these two will do.

And you can also see the rear view mirror, which has been replaced with a 12" wide LCD that shows the front and rear camera outputs. It looks like a mirror, and actually works like one until it is turned on. Then it shows the output of the front camera, both front and rear, or rear only. I have it in both mode until going into reverse, at which point it is all rear. And it also shows speed from the GPS unit as well as time - also from the satellites.

How do you have your antenna wire routed to the outside of the truck? I've yet to find a good solution for that.