Bullnose Forums

Dash speaker size/ cb radio location

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one fine view! :nabble_smiley_good:

I bet it gets chilly at night.

We had a BLAST! But that was when BB was sporting a carb and, as you saw, a bench seat. The EFI makes it far more powerful at low RPM, and the buckets make it much more comfortable. Plus, the front/rear cameras make it a lot easier to crest a ridge and know where to steer - we were getting out at the top to scope out where to steer.

I'd like to say that everything was well thought out from the start, but it just evolved. Fortunately it has worked out well. In fact, there's very little that I'd do differently.

We had a BLAST! But that was when BB was sporting a carb and, as you saw, a bench seat. The EFI makes it far more powerful at low RPM, and the buckets make it much more comfortable. Plus, the front/rear cameras make it a lot easier to crest a ridge and know where to steer - we were getting out at the top to scope out where to steer.

I'd like to say that everything was well thought out from the start, but it just evolved. Fortunately it has worked out well. In fact, there's very little that I'd do differently.

You've put a lot of thought into Big Blue.

Some iterations (to make the wife comfortable or the truck more future proof) are inevitable.

Another ship of thesus* sets sail! 🚢

Damn autocorrect! :nabble_smiley_angry:

I could put it on top of the dash, but that seems awkward. The mic cord and controls would be kind of difficult to get to. I could also put it between the sun visors, but that's where I want to put the switch panel. Under the dash might be possible, but the shifter is somewhat in the way. I could also put the switch panel under the dash, and the cb overhead. This cab is getting crowded!

Interesting project!

May I suggest you asks Gary about “cockpit organizing”.

IMG_0197.jpeg.1fcd960d76bced33006c0feae5fbc944.jpeg

:nabble_smiley_evil:

Seems that there’s a missing gauge in your dash:

IMG_0196.jpeg.d2ca92e669c9ceca87908a28453ded17.jpeg

:nabble_smiley_wink: