Bullnose Forums

Crossing a line?

thelastkeg

• 4 months later...

Update on my hoard. My 86 4x4 is now wearing 33s. They rub a little at full lock, and certainly ride rougher, but I'm enjoying the look.

chevy_and_ford.thumb.jpg.696573ab9614d3da073305b8a3d4690f.jpg

The 1995 F150 extended cab is 95% parted out. Just a few miscellaneous small things left, and some of the frame. But then I bought another Ford from a friend. It's a 1994 F250 extended cab, with the 7.3 non-turbo and automatic transmission. Was running when parked by the grandmother about 9-10 years ago. Some rodent damage to wiring, and the windshield is loose which has allowed moisture inside. Engine turns over fine, but is not getting fuel. I'm expecting the windshield area to be rusted out, but I haven't investigated it yet. The floor, frame, bed, and everything that I can see is not rusted out though. I'm unsure yet if this one will be resurrected or parted out. I've had a 1952 Chevy 1.5 ton truck sitting around for several years that could really use a 7.3 diesel....

1994-6.jpg.9721b8050d94e93d0be4ca04f3faa9b6.jpg

IMG_7326.jpg.280888b3592fcc57b8ea6746c2415980.jpg

Update on my hoard. My 86 4x4 is now wearing 33s. They rub a little at full lock, and certainly ride rougher, but I'm enjoying the look.

The 1995 F150 extended cab is 95% parted out. Just a few miscellaneous small things left, and some of the frame. But then I bought another Ford from a friend. It's a 1994 F250 extended cab, with the 7.3 non-turbo and automatic transmission. Was running when parked by the grandmother about 9-10 years ago. Some rodent damage to wiring, and the windshield is loose which has allowed moisture inside. Engine turns over fine, but is not getting fuel. I'm expecting the windshield area to be rusted out, but I haven't investigated it yet. The floor, frame, bed, and everything that I can see is not rusted out though. I'm unsure yet if this one will be resurrected or parted out. I've had a 1952 Chevy 1.5 ton truck sitting around for several years that could really use a 7.3 diesel....

I like 33's on an F250. Just about right. Makes that 86 look tough. :nabble_smiley_good:

But your 52 looks a whole lot better than my 50. But mine is about to get a 235 to replace the cracked 216.

Nice Hoard/Herd!

This would be me living on some acreage. I've had to sell mine due to lack of room.

I like 33's on an F250. Just about right. Makes that 86 look tough. :nabble_smiley_good:

But your 52 looks a whole lot better than my 50. But mine is about to get a 235 to replace the cracked 216.

That red truck with 33s is an F150 4x4 though, stock suspension.

The 52 is in pretty good shape, I’ve had it running well enough to drive around the yard. The brakes don’t even try to stop it. The bed is a flimsy piece of junk, it is missing all glass, and most of the wiring is either missing or poor condition. Just another project in the long list of projects that I may or may not ever get around to. But I hope to one day.

That red truck with 33s is an F150 4x4 though, stock suspension.

The 52 is in pretty good shape, I’ve had it running well enough to drive around the yard. The brakes don’t even try to stop it. The bed is a flimsy piece of junk, it is missing all glass, and most of the wiring is either missing or poor condition. Just another project in the long list of projects that I may or may not ever get around to. But I hope to one day.

Ahh! I thought the red truck is a 250. My bad. That probably explains the rubbing.

You are describing my 50. There is no wood in the bed, little floor in the cab, and the reason it got parked in a field is because the brakes went out.

Ahh! I thought the red truck is a 250. My bad. That probably explains the rubbing.

You are describing my 50. There is no wood in the bed, little floor in the cab, and the reason it got parked in a field is because the brakes went out.

yes, the 150 4wd really needs lift and more wheel for that size. 31 is about the best fit with stock 7.5 wheels