Bullnose Forums

1985-1997 Radiator for a 4.9L

ratdude747

I was going to say "It will if you set the e-brake and come out on the clutch." But maybe in front wheel drive mode it won't? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if it is a function of the key turning to Start & back to Run, or if it is a function of the engine actually running. Or if it is something to do with a pulse coming back from the starter motor.

So starting it w/o turning the key would eliminate the ignition switch. Killing it by pulling the coil wire or some such would determine if it doesn't like the engine actually running. And bump-starting it would eliminate the starter pulse.

If I still had a starter relay like a normal pickup that would be easy...

But I don't, and I'm so frustrated with it I've given up.

I know I've got it wired correctly.

But I don't know if the board is screwing with the input when the engine is running.

I've said MANY times that [module] is like a map with "Thar b Dragon's 'ere" covering unexplored territory.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, as said in the texts you needed Jegs to know as you may have problems down the road, But glad it is working now.

And my experience with Big Blue's 195 stat is identical to yours with a 192 stat - dead center of the gauge. Almost like that was what Ford had intended. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yep. Not one of those morons running 160F t-stats because the dweeb at the parts counter told them it'd heat faster. One of them at the local AZ tried telling me that... :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

---

One final note (man this thread is awful informative for a *marketplace* listing!)... noticed some minor leakage after work today. Turns out the taper-threaded barb for the overflow was sloppy loose. I can't remember if the other one had that issue out of the box or not. Easy fix with a 10mm deep socket, but still...

Yep. Not one of those morons running 160F t-stats because the dweeb at the parts counter told them it'd heat faster. One of them at the local AZ tried telling me that... :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

---

One final note (man this thread is awful informative for a *marketplace* listing!)... noticed some minor leakage after work today. Turns out the taper-threaded barb for the overflow was sloppy loose. I can't remember if the other one had that issue out of the box or not. Easy fix with a 10mm deep socket, but still...

I was looking back at the LMC vendor review after my rant yesterday and noticed I said something about the 15yo behind the counter at your LAP.

Your comment gave me a chuckle, but I wonder how many peoples vehicles are stuck in a rich loop with dead converters due to "that kid" 😖😄😡

I was looking back at the LMC vendor review after my rant yesterday and noticed I said something about the 15yo behind the counter at your LAP.

Your comment gave me a chuckle, but I wonder how many peoples vehicles are stuck in a rich loop with dead converters due to "that kid" 😖😄😡

If I recall it was a middle aged guy... old but not wise!