Bullnose Forums

Frame is flexing on the driver's side

CDLong

Most years, she got a deer from the window because we were all out in the woods causing the deer to move.

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: I love this story!

My partner in business told me that her grandpa has once shoot a bear in their fishing camp.

He found it when coming back from a fishing day and, instead letting it going out, he took his gun and shot it right in the kitchen.

His wife was really angry against him!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most years, she got a deer from the window because we were all out in the woods causing the deer to move.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/laughing-25-x-25_orig.gif I love this story!

My partner in business told me that her grandpa has once shoot a bear in their fishing camp.

He found it when coming back from a fishing day and, instead letting it going out, he took his gun and shot it right in the kitchen.

His wife was really angry against him!

Comin' down to the wire. Bushings for sway bar and radius arms are here. Waitin' for the plastic spacers. My game plan is jack the truck up just enough to remove the tired. Support the frame with jack stands. Remove the sway bar & both 1-1/8 inch nuts. Use a ratchet strap to pull one side forward and insert new radius arm bushings. What's the correct torque for the nuts? I found 80-120 & 180 ft lbs. Is there a torque for the sway bar bushings?1980_88_front_sway_bar_69eb2bbb67a54b26d76f044fa4095ebe935bd9b9.jpg.bce7bcea14cd2fef1b0ad3c71ae55c1e.jpg

Comin' down to the wire. Bushings for sway bar and radius arms are here. Waitin' for the plastic spacers. My game plan is jack the truck up just enough to remove the tired. Support the frame with jack stands. Remove the sway bar & both 1-1/8 inch nuts. Use a ratchet strap to pull one side forward and insert new radius arm bushings. What's the correct torque for the nuts? I found 80-120 & 180 ft lbs. Is there a torque for the sway bar bushings?

Is this correct? but you gotta torque it while it's sitting on the wheels.

Is this correct? but you gotta torque it while it's sitting on the wheels.

torqueing the suspension parts while sitting on the ground is a good practice.at that point everything is sitting where it should be and then they get torqued in a "neutral" position. if you were to torque them hanging then they would sit pre stressed and shorten the life of any bonded bushings

torqueing the suspension parts while sitting on the ground is a good practice.at that point everything is sitting where it should be and then they get torqued in a "neutral" position. if you were to torque them hanging then they would sit pre stressed and shorten the life of any bonded bushings

Thanks Matt. Any comment on the torque specs?

You don't have to remove the brackets. I've done it, and others have as well, by using a come-along or ratchet strap attached to the bumper to pull the TTB forward far enough to get the radius arm out of the bracket.

So, I have removed the sway bar and both radius arm nuts. The 1-inch ratchet strap is hooked to my Silverado. I am only able to move the axle forward 1-2 inches. I also used the floor jack so the axle wasn't just hanging. What now?Ratchet_strap_to_Silverado_2.thumb.jpg.3118112d4617c49af8bde804a5961294.jpgDrs_side_bushing_3.thumb.jpg.19b765652113d885a6ac9be9f10501a3.jpgDrs_side_bushing_4.thumb.jpg.878c4a1672badf56c3d7632e7b145b8c.jpg

You don't have to remove the brackets. I've done it, and others have as well, by using a come-along or ratchet strap attached to the bumper to pull the TTB forward far enough to get the radius arm out of the bracket.

So, I have removed the sway bar and both radius arm nuts. The 1-inch ratchet strap is hooked to my Silverado. I am only able to move the axle forward 1-2 inches. I also used the floor jack so the axle wasn't just hanging. What now?

You are supporting the truck with a jack stand under the frame, right? And you have the rear wheels blocked so the truck can't possibly move.

I think you need a larger strap, meaning one with more capacity and with a larger lever. The one I used was at least 2" wide and much heavier than yours, and it was a hard pull.

You are supporting the truck with a jack stand under the frame, right? And you have the rear wheels blocked so the truck can't possibly move.

I think you need a larger strap, meaning one with more capacity and with a larger lever. The one I used was at least 2" wide and much heavier than yours, and it was a hard pull.

NO. NO. NO!

this is wrong. the ratchet strap should be on the same vehicle not hooked to another. and you still need to disconnect the shocks and possibly the spring. you are fighting too many attachments.

Yes to both questions. 3-ton jack stands. One wheel chock. 3_ton_jack_stands.thumb.jpg.2e26235a46fbd162c97cc53c782c33bc.jpgWheel_chock.thumb.jpg.60de128c654c43f20b31139fb207fb37.jpg