Bullnose Forums

Big GIF, short movie

Gary, that's exactly the recipe I can understand and apply.

«If clear for Jeff, good for all».

:nabble_smiley_wink:

However, I have a suggestion. Keep in mind that not everyone navigates on the Forum from a big screen. I mostly go from my iPhone, and I'm probably not the only one...

From a computer, your instructions appear like this:

So, it makes sense when you write "The code to the right..."

It appears on the right.

But from a narrow screen, such a phone, your instructions appear this way:

Now, what's supposed to appear "on the right" goes in fact to the page bottom.

Not a big deal, we understand that the page doesn't appear as it should on a “normal” screen, when read on our phone screen.

But it would be easier to follow if you just add a short phrase before the final expected result.

Something like "The modified embedded YouTube code should look like this:"

The page could appear like this, on a computer:

and on a narrow phone:

Thanks, Jeff. Both for checking and the suggestions. I'll see what I can do.

However, does the screen still behave that way if you turn your phone landscape? Mine goes from the narrow look you posted to the same look I have on my tablet or desktop. But maybe that's just my phone?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, does the screen still behave that way if you turn your phone landscape?

On my iPhone 13 Mini, portait:

And if flipped in landscape, it gives just a “zoomed” view of the vertical one (and I cannot unzoom):

Ok, you win. I'll go see what I can do to make it read better. Thanks again.

By the way, I think the 3G harness is done. I know you don't plan to install it until it warms up, but have you thought about starting a thread on Big Bro's 3G upgrade? Discuss what alternator, brackets, etc?

Ok, you win. I'll go see what I can do to make it read better. Thanks again.

By the way, I think the 3G harness is done. I know you don't plan to install it until it warms up, but have you thought about starting a thread on Big Bro's 3G upgrade? Discuss what alternator, brackets, etc?

Now I've changed it and it seems to work on my iPhone in portrait mode. Please see if it works for you.

Now I've changed it and it seems to work on my iPhone in portrait mode. Please see if it works for you.

Simply perfect!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Any dummy as Jeff can now post a YouTube link with success!

Have you thought about starting a thread on Big Bro's 3G upgrade? Discuss what alternator, brackets, etc?

Good idea.

Should I add a new topic in Projects/Big Brother’s transformation thread?

Or just start a specific thread for this 1G to 3G upgrade?

What do you think?

Simply perfect!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Any dummy as Jeff can now post a YouTube link with success!

Have you thought about starting a thread on Big Bro's 3G upgrade? Discuss what alternator, brackets, etc?

Good idea.

Should I add a new topic in Projects/Big Brother’s transformation thread?

Or just start a specific thread for this 1G to 3G upgrade?

What do you think?

I would put the thread in the main section. But that's just me. You want the maximum coverage, but if Jim doesn't chime in early on we'll tag him. He'd the guru on alternators.

I would put the thread in the main section. But that's just me. You want the maximum coverage, but if Jim doesn't chime in early on we'll tag him. He'd the guru on alternators.

You rang?

I'm no guru but let me go look for the question... :nabble_smiley_super:

There are at least two different views of Youtube videos. If I click "share" on an embedded video, like those in this thread, I don't get an option for getting the embed code. But if I click the Youtube link or the "Watch it on Youtube" link on one of the ones in this thread and then click "share" I do get the option for getting the embed code.

I see this. It may be what I was missing...

I just said that I can see a pimple on the butt of a fly a block away but not the gorilla in the same room. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

What is it about alternators you need from me?

There are at least two different views of Youtube videos. If I click "share" on an embedded video, like those in this thread, I don't get an option for getting the embed code. But if I click the Youtube link or the "Watch it on Youtube" link on one of the ones in this thread and then click "share" I do get the option for getting the embed code.

I see this. It may be what I was missing...

I just said that I can see a pimple on the butt of a fly a block away but not the gorilla in the same room. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

What is it about alternators you need from me?

Jeff is going to start a thread to discuss his upcoming 3G conversion on Big Bro. I have a plug & play harness I'll ship him and he plans to send an ammeter he has to Rocketman. But he'll also need an alternator and I was suggesting we get you involved. Which size/amperage, which application, which vendor, which regulator, etc.

But I don't think he's started it yet.

Jeff is going to start a thread to discuss his upcoming 3G conversion on Big Bro. I have a plug & play harness I'll ship him and he plans to send an ammeter he has to Rocketman. But he'll also need an alternator and I was suggesting we get you involved. Which size/amperage, which application, which vendor, which regulator, etc.

But I don't think he's started it yet.

It depends on what he needs from it.

With his insistence on 'originality' I'm not sure why he wants one. :nabble_anim_confused:???°

I obviously was following the harness build and took part in the "which inverter for a 1G" thread where you insist that 1G are at most 60A even though there are literally photos of 70/100A 1G's I've responded to here on the forum.

So, definitely tag me when you start a thread.

I'll toss my 2c in the pot.