Bullnose Forums

Big GIF, short movie

Interesting. My iPhone 14 Pro Max responds much the same as Jeff's 13 Mini, except that I have the full screen button in portrait as soon as the video starts playing, and it works properly.

Apparently the Androids, or at least Jim's as there may be differences between them, doesn't respond the same way to the HTML code. Steve/FoxFord33 carries an Android and is to be over tomorrow to install all LED lighting in the shop - assuming the bulbs come in today. If so I'll have him check the video out on his and then report back.

Jim - Please go back to the Shafer Trail video here and see how it performs. Then try the same video here, and check it out. In the first one I doubled the fixed height and width figures that Youtube gives, and in the 2nd I just used their figures.

I'm going to guess that you'll like the new way better than either of those ways as the new way is somewhat flexible to the size of your screen and the old ways aren't. But I don't know that so would like your input.

And maybe there's specific code that an Android needs? :nabble_anim_confused:

As I said WAY before, when I click the share button on YouTube I don't get a 'code' or 'imbed' option. .

Just a 'copy link' or the regular-

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are at least two different views of Youtube videos. If I click "share" on an embedded video, like those in this thread, I don't get an option for getting the embed code. But if I click the Youtube link or the "Watch it on Youtube" link on one of the ones in this thread and then click "share" I do get the option for getting the embed code.

The left pic is what I get when clicking share on an embedded video, and the right one is what I get by clicking Youtube and then share.

This is how YouTube looks on my browser. I don't use the "copy" button:

1- Share button

2- Embed button. There I can copy the iFrame code.

1.jpg.9f2d551f4dcfead95fa648050393eda7.jpg

2.jpg.435ff075938665152bb49f29363e8047.jpg

This is how YouTube looks on my browser. I don't use the "copy" button:

1- Share button

2- Embed button. There I can copy the iFrame code.

Steve/FoxFord33 checked out the video today on his Android and it worked fine. The full screen button worked correctly in both landscape and portrait, and the banner didn't obstruct the view.

Jeff - Sorry for the late reply. I saw this and meant to reply - but forgot. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Yes, that's exactly right. Let me go work on a page to post that. :nabble_anim_working:

As I'm looking at updating the page at Bullnose Forum/Bullnose Forum FAQ's I thought I ought to try to use the Embed tab in the toolbar on posts. Here's your Shafer Trail video, Jeff, using just that tab w/o the fancy HTML tricks. I just clicked Embed and then Embed Tags and pasted the Youtube embed code between the code that was generated. Didn't even tick the Message is in HTML Format box.

• 2 months later...

As I'm looking at updating the page at Bullnose Forum/Bullnose Forum FAQ's I thought I ought to try to use the Embed tab in the toolbar on posts. Here's your Shafer Trail video, Jeff, using just that tab w/o the fancy HTML tricks. I just clicked Embed and then Embed Tags and pasted the Youtube embed code between the code that was generated. Didn't even tick the Message is in HTML Format box.

Jeff - I've finally added the instructions on how to embed a Youtube video in fullscreen mode to the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's. Go to the Embedding tab, then the Embedding tab, then the HTML Tags tab, and then the Embedng A Youtube tab.

Would you please go there and see if my instructions make sense?

Jeff - I've finally added the instructions on how to embed a Youtube video in fullscreen mode to the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's. Go to the Embedding tab, then the Embedding tab, then the HTML Tags tab, and then the Embedng A Youtube tab.

Ok Gary, I’ll take a look and come back soon.

«If clear for Jeff, good for all».

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, that's exactly the recipe I can understand and apply.

«If clear for Jeff, good for all».

:nabble_smiley_wink:

However, I have a suggestion. Keep in mind that not everyone navigates on the Forum from a big screen. I mostly go from my iPhone, and I'm probably not the only one...

From a computer, your instructions appear like this:

A.jpg.e6ac2c13be13e313b02b558b174f0010.jpg

So, it makes sense when you write "The code to the right..."

It appears on the right.

But from a narrow screen, such a phone, your instructions appear this way:

B.thumb.jpg.80b034f87bcd787b2087fd481da79dd5.jpg

Now, what's supposed to appear "on the right" goes in fact to the page bottom.

Not a big deal, we understand that the page doesn't appear as it should on a “normal” screen, when read on our phone screen.

But it would be easier to follow if you just add a short phrase before the final expected result.

Something like "The modified embedded YouTube code should look like this:"

The page could appear like this, on a computer:

C_copie.jpg.308f8f572ae0ab29cae7705d9aba2deb.jpg

and on a narrow phone:

D_copie.thumb.jpg.b9b44b11f8793a3a22717428a62ba27b.jpg