Bullnose Forums

Big GIF, short movie

Hi Gentlemen!

Just for fun...

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Since we cannot post movies to the Forum, I was wondering what size of GIF is possible.

The allowed file limit is 1 Mb.

This is the Shafer Pass (from Big Brother's Big Tour). Top and Bottom.

5 seconds, 256 colours, 10fps, 240x135. Just under 1 Mb each.

This test gives an idea about the GIF limits. Cranking any of these settings exceeds the 1 Mb maximum. And no possible sound.

Linking a

is more convenient!

Shafer_Pass.gif.1d6e0598e7cabad97fe6e1700e4f2e22.gif

Shafer_Pass-Bottom.gif.664d5c51539f0dbef480405d185056d8.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool, Jeff. But who says we can't post movies?
Wow Gary, I have to apologize. You're right, nobody said that we cannot do it, I simply supposed it since I didn't find any way to do so.:nabble_smiley_blush:But nobody said that it can be done neither.:nabble_smiley_evil:You'll have to explain me how to link a YouTube movie... I search and don't find any way.What are these strange codes "p" "p" and "i/frame"? Have to enter them manually?:nabble_anim_confused:Be aware that the result may be impressive on a computer, it is terrible on a phone (vertical or horizontal), good on an horizontal pad but so-so on a vertical pad.And I have the bad idea to enter the Forum mainly by the phone door...Phone result (completely cropped):IMG_9905.thumb.png.5e350b17e96b1ae5347461b58db53bc5.pngIMG_E9908.jpg.f8a164abfef2e0f4acd66a3f9c3bbba8.jpg

Wow Gary, I have to apologize. You're right, nobody said that we cannot do it, I simply supposed it since I didn't find any way to do so.:nabble_smiley_blush:But nobody said that it can be done neither.:nabble_smiley_evil:You'll have to explain me how to link a YouTube movie... I search and don't find any way.What are these strange codes "p" "p" and "i/frame"? Have to enter them manually?:nabble_anim_confused:Be aware that the result may be impressive on a computer, it is terrible on a phone (vertical or horizontal), good on an horizontal pad but so-so on a vertical pad.And I have the bad idea to enter the Forum mainly by the phone door...Phone result (completely cropped):

Here's how to do it:

1. Go to the video and click the Share button.
  2. Then click the Embed button
  3. Copy the code that starts with "
  4. Above the post box tick the "Message is in HTML Format box"
  5. Paste the embed code into the post box

But since you are in the HTML format you don't get carriage returns, so if you want spaces between paragraphs you'll need to click the Formatting box and then the Line Feed box.

And I doubled the embed code's width and height numbers, which may be causing part of the problem when entering via the Mobile door. So I didn't change the #'s on this one and let's see how it works.

But since you are in the HTML format you don't get carriage returns, so if you want spaces between paragraphs you'll need to click the Formatting box and then the Line Feed box.

OK, so these are the mysterious "p" "p" codes, it's for the carriage return. Thanks for the tip! And thanks so much for this user guide! :nabble_anim_handshake:

(It makes me realize that younger people will probably be questioning about what is a «carriage» and why we should «return» it). :nabble_smiley_wink:

«My-First-Posted-Video»:

Oh yeah!!! So NIIIIIICE!

:nabble_anim_jump:

Gary, about the mobile issue: I have to say that I prefer the smallest as possible device is my pocket (presently iPhone 13 Mini). I suppose that the problem isn't the same on a larger phone...

Even with the smaller movie, it is still cropped on my mini phone (vertical and horizontal, although less in horizontal position):

Too bad for the small phones! It is still possible to see the original movie directly on YouTube.

IMG_9913.jpg.7bda726f26979f9c8cbd7477bdb32c9c.jpg

IMG_9912.jpg.2586f189a0be3ad02951f47e32dc85fe.jpg

OK, so these are the mysterious "p" "p" codes, it's for the carriage return. Thanks for the tip! And thanks so much for this user guide! :nabble_anim_handshake:

(It makes me realize that younger people will probably be questioning about what is a «carriage» and why we should «return» it). :nabble_smiley_wink:

«My-First-Posted-Video»:

Oh yeah!!! So NIIIIIICE!

:nabble_anim_jump:

Gary, about the mobile issue: I have to say that I prefer the smallest as possible device is my pocket (presently iPhone 13 Mini). I suppose that the problem isn't the same on a larger phone...

Even with the smaller movie, it is still cropped on my mini phone (vertical and horizontal, although less in horizontal position):

Too bad for the small phones! It is still possible to see the original movie directly on YouTube.

Yep, that's where those codes come from.

And yes, you can always go directly to Youtube to see the video if it is cropped on your screen. But there must be a way to put special coding into the HTML to utilize the size of the screen on which it is being displayed. That should solve that problem, so I'll see if I can figure out how to do that.

In the interim I'll reduce the size by about 70% to see if it works on your phone.

In the interim I'll reduce the size by about 70% to see if it works on your phone.

This size is ok for horizontal, but still cropped in vertical phone orientation:

IMG_9915.png.3b876e11822d1e51cbf9d6a6b5116afe.png

But there must be a way to put special coding into the HTML to utilize the size of the screen on which it is being displayed. That should solve that problem, so I'll see if I can figure out how to do that.

I found this guide.

The guy concludes this way:

«Making a video follow its aspect ratio at all screen sizes is confusing, but luckily the code to do so is short and easy to extend.»

Hopefully, Gary, you’ll see the easy side of this "Wrapping the iFrame in a container" demonstration better than me…

:nabble_anim_confused:

This guy too discuss about resizing an iFrame.

The final html code should look like this example:

Capture_dcran_le_2023-11-09__18.png.96e914825b95f8dc635aaa6c68e99c2e.png

This size is ok for horizontal, but still cropped in vertical phone orientation:

But there must be a way to put special coding into the HTML to utilize the size of the screen on which it is being displayed. That should solve that problem, so I'll see if I can figure out how to do that.

I found this guide.

The guy concludes this way:

«Making a video follow its aspect ratio at all screen sizes is confusing, but luckily the code to do so is short and easy to extend.»

Hopefully, Gary, you’ll see the easy side of this "Wrapping the iFrame in a container" demonstration better than me…

:nabble_anim_confused:

This guy too discuss about resizing an iFrame.

The final html code should look like this example:

Thanks. I'll go read those articles, but it may not be until tomorrow.

It would be nice if there is code that will determine the screen size from the user's device and then set the proper parameters. But even if we find it we'll have to explain how to use it and it'll be something that everyone that posts a video will have to add to the HTML code. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Thanks. I'll go read those articles, but it may not be until tomorrow.It would be nice if there is code that will determine the screen size from the user's device and then set the proper parameters. But even if we find it we'll have to explain how to use it and it'll be something that everyone that posts a video will have to add to the HTML code. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:
Had a bit to play with it. I think I did it the way the 2nd one said, so let's see if this works. Please check it out, as I will, on mobile devices.

Had a bit to play with it. I think I did it the way the 2nd one said, so let's see if this works. Please check it out, as I will, on mobile devices.

Works on my iPhone 14 Pro Max! Both in landscape awa portrait mode. And it works on my Windows laptop!If it works as well on your Mini then I’ll have to figure out how to package it.:nabble_anim_jump: