Bullnose Forums

Return of Code 31...

ckuske

Ok, I've made you an admin, but will email you with some info on how editing works. But be aware that you also have the power to delete the whole forum. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Gotcha! At least this problem should be fairly localized to work on so I don't affect the main parts of the site. I'll make backups of the files etc to be able to roll back if necessary.

And separately from this, now you and Bill have my home address as collateral with respect to being able to delete the site :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha! At least this problem should be fairly localized to work on so I don't affect the main parts of the site. I'll make backups of the files etc to be able to roll back if necessary.

And separately from this, now you and Bill have my home address as collateral with respect to being able to delete the site :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I back it up every Sunday, so if you are going to delete it maybe wait until Monday to do it? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Anyway, I sent you and email. Good hunting! :nabble_anim_working:

• 3 months later...

Thanks!

Ok, I've been on a roll in the Bullnose world this week.

A very long and sordid story short, I got to finally start my truck for the first time since November. I fixed all the issues in the ECU wiring harness around Thanksgiving. It took 18 different splices to get everything fixed up. Then, life got busy as it tends to do that time of year.

Then Christmas Eve, my garage door broke (badly) and my truck has been held hostage in my garage while we were waiting for a replacement since the old one had to be dismantled before I could back my truck out.

It started right up and I only drove it around the neighborhood, but it drove well. It didn't hesitate at stops either, but I am not declaring victory yet. Hopefully this weekend I can give it a good drive and shake it out!

A very long and sordid story short, I got to finally start my truck for the first time since November. I fixed all the issues in the ECU wiring harness around Thanksgiving. It took 18 different splices to get everything fixed up. Then, life got busy as it tends to do that time of year.

Then Christmas Eve, my garage door broke (badly) and my truck has been held hostage in my garage while we were waiting for a replacement since the old one had to be dismantled before I could back my truck out.

It started right up and I only drove it around the neighborhood, but it drove well. It didn't hesitate at stops either, but I am not declaring victory yet. Hopefully this weekend I can give it a good drive and shake it out!

Chris,

What could have happened to your garage door?

Did the track fall out of the door frame?

I've been doing carpentry/cabinets since highschool in the '70's and am having a heck of a time grasping what would keep the door closed for 2 months...:nabble_anim_crazy:

Congratulations, Chris! Glad it is going well, and I hope the trip this weekend goes perfectly. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Chris,

What could have happened to your garage door?

Did the track fall out of the door frame?

I've been doing carpentry/cabinets since highschool in the '70's and am having a heck of a time grasping what would keep the door closed for 2 months...:nabble_anim_crazy:

Well, it’s a bit hard to explain. I’m not sure what happened exactly to be honest.

I went to go shut it, and when the opener started, it got hung up on the track on one side, and the wire spool on the other side came free. The door got wedged half way down, and the panels warped. It got completely ruined. My truck was in the garage and I did t want to rush the top panel of tv door falling on the bed of my truck (fiberglass on the flareside). The door even though it was wedged was making lots of settling sounds and the guy that came out to try and fix advised me to not touch anything and to board everything up.

All in all, a total mess. I miss the old garage doors that were simple. These new ones are complicated and since they are spring loaded, things can go badly if they fail!

Well, it’s a bit hard to explain. I’m not sure what happened exactly to be honest.

I went to go shut it, and when the opener started, it got hung up on the track on one side, and the wire spool on the other side came free. The door got wedged half way down, and the panels warped. It got completely ruined. My truck was in the garage and I did t want to rush the top panel of tv door falling on the bed of my truck (fiberglass on the flareside). The door even though it was wedged was making lots of settling sounds and the guy that came out to try and fix advised me to not touch anything and to board everything up.

All in all, a total mess. I miss the old garage doors that were simple. These new ones are complicated and since they are spring loaded, things can go badly if they fail!

I have to imagine the cable came off the sheave on one* side and got jammed up in the block.

When the door got forced down it racked in the tracks and bound up.

For anyone who works on garage doors, your first move is to take a pair of vice-grips and clamp them to the flat flange of the track, so the door can't fall any farther and hurt someone.

Either try to reverse the motor, or lift/prop the low side to help straighten it out.

Pop the arm's emergency release if the motor limiting pressure switches aren't adjusted right.

Once you get some weight off you can take a closer look and figure out what happened to the spring loaded cable that caused it to bind.

I'm glad no one was hurt, Chris, and the truck is okay too. :nabble_smiley_good:

Sorry your old door became a casualty!

I have to imagine the cable came off the sheave on one* side and got jammed up in the block.

When the door got forced down it racked in the tracks and bound up.

For anyone who works on garage doors, your first move is to take a pair of vice-grips and clamp them to the flat flange of the track, so the door can't fall any farther and hurt someone.

Either try to reverse the motor, or lift/prop the low side to help straighten it out.

Pop the arm's emergency release if the motor limiting pressure switches aren't adjusted right.

Once you get some weight off you can take a closer look and figure out what happened to the spring loaded cable that caused it to bind.

I'm glad no one was hurt, Chris, and the truck is okay too. :nabble_smiley_good:

Sorry your old door became a casualty!

those load springs can be dangerous. getting the two ballanced can be tricky also.