Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Your issues, few as they may be, are not filling me with enthusiasm for finishing my project... I know I'll probably have similar issues, one or two leaks and most definitely the odd replacement part failing out of the box!:nabble_smiley_uh::nabble_smiley_uh:

But I'm sure you've had plenty of satisfaction out of 'finishing' it too, so I'll keep chugging along.:nabble_smiley_good:

These "teething problems" are for those have gotten that far. Loose shock bolts? They are laying in a tote awaiting installation. Loooooong way to go.

So, Dave, while I am sorry for your problems, I wish I was there.

Your issues, few as they may be, are not filling me with enthusiasm for finishing my project... I know I'll probably have similar issues, one or two leaks and most definitely the odd replacement part failing out of the box!:nabble_smiley_uh::nabble_smiley_uh:

But I'm sure you've had plenty of satisfaction out of 'finishing' it too, so I'll keep chugging along.:nabble_smiley_good:

Project finished :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

No one told you they are never done :nabble_anim_handshake:

I am enjoying the truck a lot and this is just "tweaking"

Dave ----

These "teething problems" are for those have gotten that far. Loose shock bolts? They are laying in a tote awaiting installation. Loooooong way to go.

So you could see MacGyver in action on the bypass valve :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Also don't know if you would of liked the music I was playing, Outlaw Country this time :nabble_smiley_wink:

Weather still has me out of work tomorrow so I will put the valve together and do the final testing of the valve and take for a test drive.

Dave ----

So you could see MacGyver in action on the bypass valve :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Also don't know if you would of liked the music I was playing, Outlaw Country this time :nabble_smiley_wink:

Weather still has me out of work tomorrow so I will put the valve together and do the final testing of the valve and take for a test drive.

Dave ----

I forgot when testing the bypass valve I found the blower motor where it bolts to the box was leaking so I pulled it and used closed cell foam.

Being it was off I figured lets see if there was any thing in there, should not as I washed it before I installed it ......... WELL there was stuff!

I guess when I flushed it I only did 1 side? It is clean now as I use air as a final clean out.

Dave ----

Dave ----

Yes, and yes. I saw MacGyver in action, and I'm not a fan of country music. But, my "I wish I was there" meant I wish I am as far along on at least one of my projects as you are. However, "done" isn't in my vocabulary, so I'm with you on that.

Dave ----

Oh I know. It's like a house, there is always something...

• 2 weeks later...

Dave ----

Oh I know. It's like a house, there is always something...

Last weekend I picked up the oil & temp senders as the oil gauge stopped working, it was a new sender, and the temp was reading low.

I also picked up oil & filter as the oil was black and it was time for changing.

I got out of work early so time to get working on the truck.

Oil was low so I added a qt of ATF thru the dip stick tube to help clean it. Every time I would check the oil stick got dirty and covered with milk shake and was hard to read.

I also wanted to run the ATF thru the motor to help clean it before the oil change.

I changed out the oil psi sender and ran the motor to make sure the gauge worked and get the ATF mixed in.

Now how to change out the temp sender and not lose coolant?

The radiator petcock would not let it drain into a pan so next best thing, hose in the radiator and siphon it out and it worked.

Changed out the old factory temp sender then swap out the new stat as I did not know if it was why the gauge was reading low or the sender.

I tested the new stat in hot water before installing it. Refilled system with coolant and let it run up to temp.

The temp & oil gauges are working again and the ATF doing its thing it was time for the oil change.

Being the motor was up to temp the oil came out like black water!

The truck is preserving its self. Oil leaks still persist and is coating everything on the bottom.

Now that the gauges are working and oil changed I can look into that.

Project is never done.

Dave ----

Last weekend I picked up the oil & temp senders as the oil gauge stopped working, it was a new sender, and the temp was reading low.

I also picked up oil & filter as the oil was black and it was time for changing.

I got out of work early so time to get working on the truck.

Oil was low so I added a qt of ATF thru the dip stick tube to help clean it. Every time I would check the oil stick got dirty and covered with milk shake and was hard to read.

I also wanted to run the ATF thru the motor to help clean it before the oil change.

I changed out the oil psi sender and ran the motor to make sure the gauge worked and get the ATF mixed in.

Now how to change out the temp sender and not lose coolant?

The radiator petcock would not let it drain into a pan so next best thing, hose in the radiator and siphon it out and it worked.

Changed out the old factory temp sender then swap out the new stat as I did not know if it was why the gauge was reading low or the sender.

I tested the new stat in hot water before installing it. Refilled system with coolant and let it run up to temp.

The temp & oil gauges are working again and the ATF doing its thing it was time for the oil change.

Being the motor was up to temp the oil came out like black water!

The truck is preserving its self. Oil leaks still persist and is coating everything on the bottom.

Now that the gauges are working and oil changed I can look into that.

Project is never done.

Dave ----

Several more layers on the onion! Bloomin' Onion! :nabble_anim_jump:

Several more layers on the onion! Bloomin' Onion! :nabble_anim_jump:

Being a warm day and having the tail gate letters I washed it and then put the letters on.

Wish they were a little smaller as they almost go over the edge of the raised letter but they are on.

20200404_155842.jpg.7aaabf61a4d3d2164bfe59f97b46ce28.jpg

20200404_201034.jpg.7a4080070087435006212d8ac973f6bd.jpg

Used the truck and took the wife a few towns over for diner.

Because we have to stay 6 feet away we ate in the truck.

A local pizza joint was giving part of the coast to our animal foster / adopt program so we had to do our part to give money.

We are fostering 2 kittens now for over a month and just today we took in a mom cat and here 6 kittens.

Add our own 4 cats and 2 large dogs it is a ZOO!

But we love it

Dave ----

20200328_0943171.jpg.40b1ef4306d73624f3904da5d77328f8.jpg

Being a warm day and having the tail gate letters I washed it and then put the letters on.

Wish they were a little smaller as they almost go over the edge of the raised letter but they are on.

Used the truck and took the wife a few towns over for diner.

Because we have to stay 6 feet away we ate in the truck.

A local pizza joint was giving part of the coast to our animal foster / adopt program so we had to do our part to give money.

We are fostering 2 kittens now for over a month and just today we took in a mom cat and here 6 kittens.

Add our own 4 cats and 2 large dogs it is a ZOO!

But we love it

Dave ----

Dave - The letters look GREAT! And they are reflective as well. Cool!

On the pets, I'm glad someone likes cats. I'm a dog person. :nabble_smiley_wink: