Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Was thinking the same thing - the only logical conclusion is that he picked up a hitchhiking Wolverine (or possibly Shredder) on a hot day. After that he switched to electric...

(Sorry, lame joke but was watching X-Men to get my wife up to speed for Dark Phoenix... :nabble_smiley_beam:)

OT My grandson is named Logan and when I first heard his name I thought of Wolverine LOL

I kind of got a little laugh from them so I guess he was named after him.

BTW no one in mine or her family is named Wolverine or Logan LOL

Dave ----

Was thinking the same thing - the only logical conclusion is that he picked up a hitchhiking Wolverine (or possibly Shredder) on a hot day. After that he switched to electric...

(Sorry, lame joke but was watching X-Men to get my wife up to speed for Dark Phoenix... :nabble_smiley_beam:)

OT My grandson is named Logan and when I first heard his name I thought of Wolverine LOL

I kind of got a little laugh from them so I guess he was named after him.

BTW no one in mine or her family is named Wolverine or Logan LOL

Dave ----

Out in the garage about 4:30 got measurements for a member then got on the truck.

When I was prepping the cab for paint I found 1 of the 2 gas tank vents was loose and I knew it would leak so I ordered 2 new valves and grommets and installed them before the bed goes back on.

I then installed the front shocks to get them out from under foot.

I also saw I did not install the grease fittings for the kingpins so need to find them and install when I nut & bolt the truck before it hits the road.

With that done I moved the truck out so I could get intimate on the bed :nabble_love-23x23_orig:

I saw some of the primer on the top of the bed rails that was peeling off so I hit it with the sander and fond the rails were not too flat and would stick out compared to the cab so mixed up some filler and made them flatter.

I then figured how I was going to hang the bed panels and took the bed apart.

I was going to paint the white on the fenders like I did the cab but I don't have the room to hang everything at 1 time.

I also had to put the truck in the house garage leaving the wife's can out side, my other project car is on the other side of the house garage. We are also going on holiday and did not want to leave my DD outside.

So I will get the red paint on the rear sill on the bed floor the 2 side panels and the front this way I can mount the floor and the painted panels on the truck and stick it back in my garage when we are away.

When We get back I will then do the fenders and mount them to the bed and painting should be done.

I wet sanded the fenders, primed the bed rails and a few places on the fenders.

Used drip check sealer on some seams so water cant get in and cause rust, still have a few more to do yet.

Washed the bed floor to get the dirt up as I want to roll on a coat of bed liner so it looks good again as I had to use white paint to mark where I needed to trim the floor.

So this is what I started with

20190914_065537.jpg.437841273e6655729b2c5026ebae29c0.jpg

and 6:30pm this is what the bed looked like.

20190914_213828.jpg.dfc57e4f6f6596e7c24dbb365ef4315a.jpg

And if that was not enough I cut the grass till 9:30pm

Dave ----

Out in the garage about 4:30 got measurements for a member then got on the truck.

When I was prepping the cab for paint I found 1 of the 2 gas tank vents was loose and I knew it would leak so I ordered 2 new valves and grommets and installed them before the bed goes back on.

I also saw I did not install the grease fittings for the kingpins so need to find them and install when I nut & bolt the truck before it hits the road.

With that done I moved the truck out so I could get intimate on the bed :nabble_love-23x23_orig:

I saw some of the primer on the top of the bed rails that was peeling off so I hit it with the sander and fond the rails were not too flat and would stick out compared to the cab so mixed up some filler and made them flatter.

I was going to paint the white on the fenders like I did the cab but I don't have the room to hang everything at 1 time.

I also had to put the truck in the house garage leaving the wife's can out side, my other project car is on the other side of the house garage. We are also going on holiday and did not want to leave my DD outside.

So I will get the red paint on the rear sill on the bed floor the 2 side panels and the front this way I can mount the floor and the painted panels on the truck and stick it back in my garage when we are away.

When We get back I will then do the fenders and mount them to the bed and painting should be done.

Used drip check sealer on some seams so water cant get in and cause rust, still have a few more to do yet.

Washed the bed floor to get the dirt up as I want to roll on a coat of bed liner so it looks good again as I had to use white paint to mark where I needed to trim the floor.

Dave ----

Looking good Dave. I can't wait to see it all finished up.

Dave ----

Wow, that makes me feel both tired and a slacker! You young'uns can sure get things done. :nabble_anim_claps:

But it is sure coming together nicely. And I can't wait to see the finished result. :nabble_smiley_good:

Dave ----

I want your garage Dave... I have a tight 1 car garage. If it wasn't for these tire dolly's this would be nearly impossible for me. I think I would just get a portable set up in the back yard at that point.

Wow, that makes me feel both tired and a slacker! You young'uns can sure get things done. :nabble_anim_claps:

But it is sure coming together nicely. And I can't wait to see the finished result. :nabble_smiley_good:

Don't know about young'uns, will be 60 next April, but you got to do what's got to be done!

I had not cut the grass in a few weeks, that a slacker :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

So I had to do the front and back yard by the house so I would not loose the cats.

Then I had to go thru the weeds to get to my garage so did that area and that just made the rest look like crap so 3 hours on the tractor, last 2 with head lights on, we got it done.

Now that I am caught up on the forum out I go for some painting.

Dave ----

I want your garage Dave... I have a tight 1 car garage. If it wasn't for these tire dolly's this would be nearly impossible for me. I think I would just get a portable set up in the back yard at that point.

I had a small 1 car and like you needed the dollies just to work on the sides of the car.

I had no room for anything else as my car trailer with car was parked in drive in front of garage and our 2 DD were out on the street.

Rear002205_26_14.jpg.5194d46bd2d1b4bcda1c64908be194d7.jpg

L_S001205_26_14.jpg.d68727c3310245532efdaed107343cd8.jpg

I had to move from CT to NC to get a nice garage.

Garage20001.jpg.38b9951e314463ade007a5acdb587c36.jpg

Garage20009.jpg.fe05b585cd8235cf013fd61eefbce937.jpg

Bigger garage just has more room for more stuff :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

I had a small 1 car and like you needed the dollies just to work on the sides of the car.

I had no room for anything else as my car trailer with car was parked in drive in front of garage and our 2 DD were out on the street.

I had to move from CT to NC to get a nice garage.

Bigger garage just has more room for more stuff :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

Got paint on the bed sides, front panel and the rear sill of the bed.

I had no room for the tail gate or the 2 fenders & running boards with my sons stuff in my garage.

I also put a coat of bed liner on the floor of the bed as I used white paint so I could mark it for trimming and the rest was looking nasty, now looks pretty good.

With that done I can mount the bed floor the 2 sides & front panel and part the truck back in my garage till I can get more red paint for the other parts and have time to paint them.

I also primed yesterday the bolts that hold the sides to the floor and gave them some paint today.

I still need to paint the rest of the bolts & nuts don't know just how I am going to do it yet and not mess them up when I install them?

20190915_163000.jpg.fd704ca35d7da0ab21ed35baba76e9dc.jpg

20190915_163012.jpg.0a878ed6565e0c8409bfa384dff79afa.jpg

I also forgot I tested the intermittent wipers yesterday and they work. I got the switch & box off Ebay and they said it worked but I had no way of testing till I got the wiper motor assy. installed.

Dave ----

Got paint on the bed sides, front panel and the rear sill of the bed.

I had no room for the tail gate or the 2 fenders & running boards with my sons stuff in my garage.

I also put a coat of bed liner on the floor of the bed as I used white paint so I could mark it for trimming and the rest was looking nasty, now looks pretty good.

With that done I can mount the bed floor the 2 sides & front panel and part the truck back in my garage till I can get more red paint for the other parts and have time to paint them.

I also primed yesterday the bolts that hold the sides to the floor and gave them some paint today.

I still need to paint the rest of the bolts & nuts don't know just how I am going to do it yet and not mess them up when I install them?

I also forgot I tested the intermittent wipers yesterday and they work. I got the switch & box off Ebay and they said it worked but I had no way of testing till I got the wiper motor assy. installed.

Dave ----

Cool!! Loving it, Dave. :nabble_anim_claps:

As for protecting the nuts and bolts, I use electrical tape on the flats and pick a socket that fits tightly. Then once the fasteners are torqued down I repaint the threads and any damage done by squirting rattle can paint in the cap and using a Q-tip as the brush.

Cool!! Loving it, Dave. :nabble_anim_claps:

As for protecting the nuts and bolts, I use electrical tape on the flats and pick a socket that fits tightly. Then once the fasteners are torqued down I repaint the threads and any damage done by squirting rattle can paint in the cap and using a Q-tip as the brush.

Thanks for the tip.

I have to get them all together on cardboard and give them a coat or 3 then do as you said.

I went thru bins this morning and pulled all the baggies marked for the bed.

I was looking for the nut for the fenders as I wanted to place them on the studs so I would not need to tap them up. Well some how I came up 4 short? And I had the 1 broken stud & nut in the bag, will need to get 4 nuts & washers when I mount the fenders back on.

IIRC each running board uses 5 bolts to hold it on and they need to be painted too if I have enough.

Dave ----