Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Woo Hoo!!!! Paint!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

Can't wait to see it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Closer 3:30 to 8:00 got the truck taped up, more stuff tucked away, floor swept and primer on the cab!

A little food and trash to the dump and hope primer will be dry enough to sand and throw some paint on it.

I will get a picture or 2 with paint on it.

Dave ----

Woo Hoo!!!! Paint!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

Can't wait to see it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Closer 3:30 to 8:00 got the truck taped up, more stuff tucked away, floor swept and primer on the cab!

A little food and trash to the dump and hope primer will be dry enough to sand and throw some paint on it.

I will get a picture or 2 with paint on it.

Dave ----

I'll be waiting for the pics, Dave! After all this time I'll be you are STOKED!

I'll be waiting for the pics, Dave! After all this time I'll be you are STOKED!

WE HAVE PAINT :nabble_anim_jump:

20190831_185638.jpg.b755620e07dac6659f71d3efd2b5cb20.jpg

20190831_185617.jpg.471ec0a3f3798f606d368030d4ba1b3d.jpg

Still a little fogy from over spray.

It was a long day 3:30am start and lights went off at 7pm only stopping for breakfast and run the trash to the dump.

This all almost did not happen. When eating breakfast I heard a loud pop followed by a loud hiss.

Went running out to my garage to find the 3/4" pipe blew out of the air dryer that leads to the air system piping around my garage. It is a compression type fitting so an easy fix but 80 gallons of air @ 180 psi blew a lot of dirt around. Good thing I was still sanding so was not too bad.

Dave ----

WE HAVE PAINT :nabble_anim_jump:

Still a little fogy from over spray.

It was a long day 3:30am start and lights went off at 7pm only stopping for breakfast and run the trash to the dump.

This all almost did not happen. When eating breakfast I heard a loud pop followed by a loud hiss.

Went running out to my garage to find the 3/4" pipe blew out of the air dryer that leads to the air system piping around my garage. It is a compression type fitting so an easy fix but 80 gallons of air @ 180 psi blew a lot of dirt around. Good thing I was still sanding so was not too bad.

Dave ----

Yippee!!!! Can’t wait for the ‘good’ pics.

Next pictures should be with red paint on the cab.

The bed I can do almost at any time because other than the fenders there are no really big flat areas like the doors, roof & hood that can show dirt and how flat the paint smoothed out.

After my cup of tea I will hit the garage to prep for the red paint.

Dave ----

Next pictures should be with red paint on the cab.

The bed I can do almost at any time because other than the fenders there are no really big flat areas like the doors, roof & hood that can show dirt and how flat the paint smoothed out.

After my cup of tea I will hit the garage to prep for the red paint.

Dave ----

You must be right in the middle of it now. Good luck!

You must be right in the middle of it now. Good luck!

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: I got out there about 630-7 and right now, stopped for breakfast, I have the outline taping done.

Wife had to move her car to get the tapping machine out of the house garage to give me more room in mine.

Tape it up a little sanding where the over spray of white is, wash it down and should be time to mix some red paint :nabble_anim_jump:

If it was only that easy :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Dave ----

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: I got out there about 630-7 and right now, stopped for breakfast, I have the outline taping done.

Wife had to move her car to get the tapping machine out of the house garage to give me more room in mine.

Tape it up a little sanding where the over spray of white is, wash it down and should be time to mix some red paint :nabble_anim_jump:

If it was only that easy :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Dave ----

Good luck to you!!!! :nabble_smiley_super:

Good luck to you!!!! :nabble_smiley_super:

Sorry the pictures are not too good it was hot and I wanted to get out and I am hurting from 2 days of painting.

20190901_171655.jpg.28b477579f90f28e4d759d19161af10a.jpg

20190901_171717.jpg.6a4796db22253c064c36d7b794a0ee3b.jpg

It has a little dirt on the hood. I had the air hose leaking half way thru the last coat and had to throw the hose outside to fix it and the door opener shook the dirt down.

It is now baking as it must be 90* in there!

Got done just in time as the wind is kicking up and starting to rain.

Tomorrow I will pull the rest of the paper off and see about prepping & maybe painting the bumpers. I did not want to do them before I had a safe place to put them and now I can put them on the truck.

I also need to get another gallon of red paint for the bed, it took the full gallon just on the cab already told the banker I need $200+ for it.

Dave ----

Sorry the pictures are not too good it was hot and I wanted to get out and I am hurting from 2 days of painting.

It has a little dirt on the hood. I had the air hose leaking half way thru the last coat and had to throw the hose outside to fix it and the door opener shook the dirt down.

It is now baking as it must be 90* in there!

Got done just in time as the wind is kicking up and starting to rain.

Tomorrow I will pull the rest of the paper off and see about prepping & maybe painting the bumpers. I did not want to do them before I had a safe place to put them and now I can put them on the truck.

I also need to get another gallon of red paint for the bed, it took the full gallon just on the cab already told the banker I need $200+ for it.

Dave ----

Looking good, Dave!!! Cannot wait until you get it out and we get good shots of it. :nabble_anim_jump: