Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Here is the E3 harness end that plugs into the truck:

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/clocks.html

I've put a later clock in an earlier truck by pulling the wires & pins out of the two connectors and mating them. A bit of heat shrink around each one and electrical tape around all of them, and who needs a connector?

They use the same wire colors with the exception of the early one having a LB/R that comes from the instrument dimmer while the later one has a BR wire that comes from the headlight circuit. In other words, the early clock gets a variable to dim while the later one just gets nothing or 12v to dim.

8562139_orig.thumb.jpg.7baa165a42261b554e7f23cdcdcaeac3.jpg

1985-etm-page114.thumb.jpg.7365143e7be3528a29d1c38930145d94.jpg

Well my 6am off load was canceled when I got to the site.

Home now but need a nap and think it will be way to hot to do any work out side when I get up. :(

Dave ----

The temperature this weekend was nice for working on the truck but the rain was not for what I wanted to do.

Because of the rain over the weekend I had no work, being cool and no rain I hit the garage at 4am.

Pulled the truck outside so I could start cleaning for paint.

After sweeping, blowing and sweeping 2 to 3 more times and a run to the hardware store I started setting up the "paint booth".

Set up is putting plastic sheets over a car & sons furniture I cant move and down 2 walls. It is not so much for the over spray but dust control.

Got the truck back in the garage and used plain water and clean cotton rag to wipe it down as it still had some dried wet sanding slime on it that had to come off before tapping it up for primer & Paint.

A few hours later, 5pm, the truck is all most taped up. I have to wrap up the frame to keep over spray off and need to get it as low as I can to reach the roof and I bought 2 platforms and still to high.

20190826_171646.jpg.cd80b97bb406ac3ab16cd01b667773d4.jpg

20190826_171718.jpg.2b171330310cd20cbff9a654973f125e.jpg

I did stop half hour for breakfast and little over an hour to cut some of the grass as we were starting to loose the cats in it.

They are talking of it getting hot again over the holiday weekend but not in to the mid 90's so I hope to get primer and some paint on the truck.

Dave ----

The temperature this weekend was nice for working on the truck but the rain was not for what I wanted to do.

Because of the rain over the weekend I had no work, being cool and no rain I hit the garage at 4am.

After sweeping, blowing and sweeping 2 to 3 more times and a run to the hardware store I started setting up the "paint booth".

Set up is putting plastic sheets over a car & sons furniture I cant move and down 2 walls. It is not so much for the over spray but dust control.

Got the truck back in the garage and used plain water and clean cotton rag to wipe it down as it still had some dried wet sanding slime on it that had to come off before tapping it up for primer & Paint.

A few hours later, 5pm, the truck is all most taped up. I have to wrap up the frame to keep over spray off and need to get it as low as I can to reach the roof and I bought 2 platforms and still to high.

I did stop half hour for breakfast and little over an hour to cut some of the grass as we were starting to loose the cats in it.

They are talking of it getting hot again over the holiday weekend but not in to the mid 90's so I hope to get primer and some paint on the truck.

Dave ----

Looks like you are ready to paint! Can't wait for the results. :nabble_anim_jump:

Looks like you are ready to paint! Can't wait for the results. :nabble_anim_jump:

Almost a little more tapping to keep overspray off the frame then prime, scuff and paint :nabble_anim_jump:

I am home now, short day at work.

I should take drinking water bottles out of my car to the frig in the garage so I may see what I can do when out there.

A nap sounds good too, got up at 3am for work.

Dave ----

Almost a little more tapping to keep overspray off the frame then prime, scuff and paint :nabble_anim_jump:

I am home now, short day at work.

I should take drinking water bottles out of my car to the frig in the garage so I may see what I can do when out there.

A nap sounds good too, got up at 3am for work.

Dave ----

I got up well after 3am but I agree - a nap does sound good :)

Setup looks really good. Am looking forward to seeing it in color.

I got up well after 3am but I agree - a nap does sound good :)

Setup looks really good. Am looking forward to seeing it in color.

I don't even have to touch the truck and I go backwards! :nabble_smiley_cry:

When tapping the door jambs & hood jambs I used this 3M foam tape my brother said to use, he does body work for a living.

When painting and used in places like door, hood & truck / deck lid jambs it makes a "soft" paint line where if you use tape leaves a hard paint line.

Well it took me for ever to do the doors because when you closed them it moved the tape and paint would have gotten into the jambs.

Well today I went into the garage for something and was thinking of doing a little on the truck and I saw most of this foam tape came undone. Thing is this was put in place before the door windows were taped up so I could close the hood all the way and put bungee's on the doors to hold them closed tight to the foam tape.

Don't know how I am going to fix this as I cant prime & paint it this way and I did try tape on the doors and this WILL NOT WORK.

Needless to say I was turned off on doing anything on the truck after finding this.

Will see what work has for me tomorrow and if I have a late load I will see about putting a few hours in before work when I am fresh. Was up at 2am for work and found this at 3pm just killed the day!

Dave ----

Dave ----

Starting to look like a truck again Dave!

I don't even have to touch the truck and I go backwards! :nabble_smiley_cry:

When tapping the door jambs & hood jambs I used this 3M foam tape my brother said to use, he does body work for a living.

When painting and used in places like door, hood & truck / deck lid jambs it makes a "soft" paint line where if you use tape leaves a hard paint line.

Well it took me for ever to do the doors because when you closed them it moved the tape and paint would have gotten into the jambs.

Well today I went into the garage for something and was thinking of doing a little on the truck and I saw most of this foam tape came undone. Thing is this was put in place before the door windows were taped up so I could close the hood all the way and put bungee's on the doors to hold them closed tight to the foam tape.

Don't know how I am going to fix this as I cant prime & paint it this way and I did try tape on the doors and this WILL NOT WORK.

Needless to say I was turned off on doing anything on the truck after finding this.

Will see what work has for me tomorrow and if I have a late load I will see about putting a few hours in before work when I am fresh. Was up at 2am for work and found this at 3pm just killed the day!

Dave ----

Dave - Sorry! I know that feeling, and it is BAD! :nabble_smiley_cry:

But, I find that after a day or so of walking away and getting back to it I find it isn't as bad as I thought. Bad yes, but not THAT bad. And, usually I find a way around it by walking away for a bit.

Hope tomorrow is a better day. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dave - Sorry! I know that feeling, and it is BAD! :nabble_smiley_cry:

But, I find that after a day or so of walking away and getting back to it I find it isn't as bad as I thought. Bad yes, but not THAT bad. And, usually I find a way around it by walking away for a bit.

Hope tomorrow is a better day. :nabble_smiley_wink:

It better be better tomorrow as I plan on getting out early like 3am or 4am and when I call it a day it will have paint on it.

Looking to do the white on the cab and thinking the rear fenders this way the white is done and should not need to open that color can again.

Let it dry on Sunday or if it feels good I will tape off the white and do the red other wise Monday I do the tapping and red.

That's the plan any way.

Dave ----

It better be better tomorrow as I plan on getting out early like 3am or 4am and when I call it a day it will have paint on it.

Looking to do the white on the cab and thinking the rear fenders this way the white is done and should not need to open that color can again.

Let it dry on Sunday or if it feels good I will tape off the white and do the red other wise Monday I do the tapping and red.

That's the plan any way.

Dave ----

Woo Hoo!!!! Paint!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

Can't wait to see it. :nabble_smiley_good: