Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Well not up at 3am but 4am and out in garage by 4:30am only stopping 30 min. for breakfast at 8:30.

I fist had to make sure my 200' of water hose would reach my garage then finish cleaning stuff off the roof and got the truck out side.

I used air to blow any dirt & dust off it then washed the remaining dust off the frame, looked pretty good when I got the truck back inside.

I started off with the roof left door and then the hood and right fender.

Almost had to call it quits with half the truck wet sanded because of a cramp in 1 arm and could not move it.

A 5 min rest and I was able to move it again, sore but moving, so I pushed on.

Truck was done sanding and a wipe down to get the dribble off at 2:30pm, that is a L O N G day.

Sad part is there are spots with metal showing so I will need to prime the truck and sand it again.

Before I prime it I want to do a cleaning of the garage to get most of the dust out, drape plastic over things I cant move out (most of it lol) and drape plastic down back wall and work bench.

Time for bed as 11pm get up time is coming pretty quick.

Dave ----

You are a human dynamo! You make me tired just following along, but well done!

You are a human dynamo! You make me tired just following along, but well done!

Well my 6am off load was canceled when I got to the site.

Home now but need a nap and think it will be way to hot to do any work out side when I get up. :(

Dave ----

Well my 6am off load was canceled when I got to the site.

Home now but need a nap and think it will be way to hot to do any work out side when I get up. :(

Dave ----

You really don't like painting, do you? :nabble_anim_confused:

But, it is going to be very hot today. Take care. Cool weather isn't far down the pike.

But, it is going to be very hot today. Take care. Cool weather isn't far down the pike.

I don't mind the painting part its the prep before painting I don't care for and the body filler sanding before that I really don't like.

What also makes it hard is I know the right way this all HAS TO BE DONE and cant skimp on any of it.

I may get out later to move the truck out and do a cleaning. I think with a few fans running and a back pack blower I should get some of the dust out and do that a few times, wet the floor, plastic covering stuff & walls should keep the dust / dirt from getting into my paint jobs.

I was thinking the other morning when sanding I should do my painting early in the morning and / or when raining. Moring for cooler & less bugs and rain for less bugs & dust / dirt.

We will see when the time come as they say ;)

Dave ----

I don't mind the painting part its the prep before painting I don't care for and the body filler sanding before that I really don't like.

What also makes it hard is I know the right way this all HAS TO BE DONE and cant skimp on any of it.

I may get out later to move the truck out and do a cleaning. I think with a few fans running and a back pack blower I should get some of the dust out and do that a few times, wet the floor, plastic covering stuff & walls should keep the dust / dirt from getting into my paint jobs.

I was thinking the other morning when sanding I should do my painting early in the morning and / or when raining. Moring for cooler & less bugs and rain for less bugs & dust / dirt.

We will see when the time come as they say ;)

Dave ----

Just started reading through your build thread (working backwards though it). I think I asked you over at FTE but I see your bezel has the clock cut outs. Did you say you had one to put in there? I've never actually seen one powered on before.

Just started reading through your build thread (working backwards though it). I think I asked you over at FTE but I see your bezel has the clock cut outs. Did you say you had one to put in there? I've never actually seen one powered on before.

The wood radio bezel in the picture as you saw is made for the clock and NO I don't have that assy. to install.

I have a complete (gauge & radio) black weave set that does not have the cut out for the clock that are broken but can be repaired with glue.

I have been thinking I can then lay down a wood decal.

I have also been following the post on here from Perry that is working on a decal set for the different wood grains & the brushed ALUM. and if a good price would go with them when they are for sale.

If I came across a clock set up that works and is cheap I may go for it but I also don't know how it gets powered up and don't know if that part of the wiring is still in the truck as other wires in that area were cut that I had to repair.

Dave ----

If I came across a clock set up that works and is cheap I may go for it but I also don't know how it gets powered up and don't know if that part of the wiring is still in the truck as other wires in that area were cut that I had to repair.

Dave ----

If you decide you want to go the clock route let me know. I've got a couple that I should be able to test out once I get my truck back together. If at least one works, you are welcome to it. Better to use than stored in a box.

I am also interested in Perry's progress... very promising.

Dave ----

If you decide you want to go the clock route let me know. I've got a couple that I should be able to test out once I get my truck back together. If at least one works, you are welcome to it. Better to use than stored in a box.

Thanks for the offer.

When you do test them (no rush on my part) and find a good one please let me know as I believe all wood bezels have the cut outs for the clock and to convert the weave to take a decal would be a lot of work.

When you go to test the ones you have I would like to see what the wiring on the truck side looks like so I can hunt it down in mine.

Dave ----

Dave ----

Thanks for the offer.

When you do test them (no rush on my part) and find a good one please let me know as I believe all wood bezels have the cut outs for the clock and to convert the weave to take a decal would be a lot of work.

When you go to test the ones you have I would like to see what the wiring on the truck side looks like so I can hunt it down in mine.

Dave ----

Well I may have volunteered too quickly. Curiosity got the better of me so I pulled my 'dash clock' rubbermaid off the shelf and while 'a couple' turned out to be 8, every single one of them is the later style (83-86) which doesn't look like it will work with an 81? I checked the wiring on Chanute (80) and there are two plugs in the location where later trucks have the clock plug but both of them are smaller. So you are still welcome to one but doesn't look like it will be plug at play.

Well I may have volunteered too quickly. Curiosity got the better of me so I pulled my 'dash clock' rubbermaid off the shelf and while 'a couple' turned out to be 8, every single one of them is the later style (83-86) which doesn't look like it will work with an 81? I checked the wiring on Chanute (80) and there are two plugs in the location where later trucks have the clock plug but both of them are smaller. So you are still welcome to one but doesn't look like it will be plug at play.

Here is the E3 harness end that plugs into the truck:

IMG_20190821_191614.thumb.jpg.032ede1a387b749c818c2a157ce31981.jpg

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/clocks.html