Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

Good to hear the truck is doing well.

Yea we need AC down here (NC) and one reason I got the parts truck that had AC but little did I know that the AC and non-AC trucks had different firewalls but nothing a firewall swap could not fix.

The hard part of mine is the compressor brackets for the 300 six. A member on here was vary kind and got me a set but still need other parts.

Dave ----

Saw this post elsewhere Dave, and was wondering what other parts you may need? I stripped my truck of A/C and still have some of the parts laying around. No 300 six specific parts like brackets, but a few smaller things.

Yea we need AC down here (NC) and one reason I got the parts truck that had AC but little did I know that the AC and non-AC trucks had different firewalls but nothing a firewall swap could not fix.

The hard part of mine is the compressor brackets for the 300 six. A member on here was vary kind and got me a set but still need other parts.

Dave ----

Saw this post elsewhere Dave, and was wondering what other parts you may need? I stripped my truck of A/C and still have some of the parts laying around. No 300 six specific parts like brackets, but a few smaller things.

I need hoses and compressor that I will get new or I may even try and make the hoses as I have an 81 (York compressor) HVAC box but will be using I think it was a 83 (Sanden compressor)compressor so I don't know if either the 81 or 83 hoses will work as the 2 years use different types of compressors.

Now what does not come with the new Sanden compressor that I will need are the Sanden hose manifolds bolted to the top of the compressor. From what I found in checking for the new parts is that the manifolds did not come with the compressor and could be hard to come by.

So I guess if you have a Sanden compressor that has the 2 hose manifolds I could use them the rest of the needed parts I think is best to get new.

if you do have the manifolds let me know what you want for them.

Thanks

Dave ----

Dave ----

I need hoses and compressor that I will get new or I may even try and make the hoses as I have an 81 (York compressor) HVAC box but will be using I think it was a 83 (Sanden compressor)compressor so I don't know if either the 81 or 83 hoses will work as the 2 years use different types of compressors.

Now what does not come with the new Sanden compressor that I will need are the Sanden hose manifolds bolted to the top of the compressor. From what I found in checking for the new parts is that the manifolds did not come with the compressor and could be hard to come by.

So I guess if you have a Sanden compressor that has the 2 hose manifolds I could use them the rest of the needed parts I think is best to get new.

if you do have the manifolds let me know what you want for them.

Thanks

Dave ----

Unfortunately I sent those to the scrap yard thinking nobody would need them.

Figured I would ask just in case it was something on the electrical side since that is what I seem to have left.

Unfortunately I sent those to the scrap yard thinking nobody would need them.

Figured I would ask just in case it was something on the electrical side since that is what I seem to have left.

:nabble_head-slap-23_orig:Well it was worth a try.

I don't need them just yet but when something comes I need for a good price I get it and hold till the time comes.

Thanks

Dave ----

:nabble_head-slap-23_orig:Well it was worth a try.

I don't need them just yet but when something comes I need for a good price I get it and hold till the time comes.

Thanks

Dave ----

I do the same. Sorry I couldn't help this time.

I do the same. Sorry I couldn't help this time.

I got lazy last weekend and never made it out to the garage but it was also in the mid 90's so also to hot to work. Didn't even cut the grass and I am loosing the cats in it LOL.

I have also been thinking of painting the cab first so I know I will have enough paint. If I did the bed first and then the cab and ran out in the middle that would be a vary bad thing.

So I will need to get the white paint and supplies that go with it and striping tape and figure how I want to work the 2 colors where they meet.

I also have coming a paper taping machine with 3 different size paper & tape for it. In the past I have used news paper and it has worked well but we don't get the paper and not going to start just so I can tape up the truck for painting. I also have another project to paint once the truck is done.

Dave ----

I got lazy last weekend and never made it out to the garage but it was also in the mid 90's so also to hot to work. Didn't even cut the grass and I am loosing the cats in it LOL.

I have also been thinking of painting the cab first so I know I will have enough paint. If I did the bed first and then the cab and ran out in the middle that would be a vary bad thing.

So I will need to get the white paint and supplies that go with it and striping tape and figure how I want to work the 2 colors where they meet.

I also have coming a paper taping machine with 3 different size paper & tape for it. In the past I have used news paper and it has worked well but we don't get the paper and not going to start just so I can tape up the truck for painting. I also have another project to paint once the truck is done.

Dave ----

I just use tape to make the fine edge, then tape on cardboard boxes &/or cut-open garbage bags.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/866166/thumbnail/126silver.jpg

https://supermotors.net/getfile/791352/thumbnail/51taped.jpg

Look at this & the NEXT 6:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/675996/thumbnail/fender14.jpg

I just use tape to make the fine edge, then tape on cardboard boxes &/or cut-open garbage bags.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/866166/thumbnail/126silver.jpg

https://supermotors.net/getfile/791352/thumbnail/51taped.jpg

Look at this & the NEXT 6:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/675996/thumbnail/fender14.jpg

To late I have the 12" paper & sleeve of tape, the 18", 36" paper & 2 a paper machine are on there way.

I was also looking into 3M foam tape for the jambs to keep from getting a hard paint line.

I will check if my supplier has it when I check on the white paint.

I have never used card board but have used newspaper, that was the only time I got to read it LOL.

With news paper to keep paint bleed thru down fold the edge over about 4" you will put the tape on. This way the paint has to go thru 2 layers of paper and the tape before bleed thru.

I never seen an issue with lint using newspaper but they say it happens. With all the dirt in my garage I need all the help I can get to keep the paint clean.

Dave ----

To late I have the 12" paper & sleeve of tape, the 18", 36" paper & 2 a paper machine are on there way.

I was also looking into 3M foam tape for the jambs to keep from getting a hard paint line.

I will check if my supplier has it when I check on the white paint.

I have never used card board but have used newspaper, that was the only time I got to read it LOL.

With news paper to keep paint bleed thru down fold the edge over about 4" you will put the tape on. This way the paint has to go thru 2 layers of paper and the tape before bleed thru.

I never seen an issue with lint using newspaper but they say it happens. With all the dirt in my garage I need all the help I can get to keep the paint clean.

Dave ----

Dave,

I came across this little Flareside for sale up here in Canada and if you scroll through the pics it looks like he did the Styleside bed floor just like yours.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ottawa/ford-truck/1448112500?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Dave,

I came across this little Flareside for sale up here in Canada and if you scroll through the pics it looks like he did the Styleside bed floor just like yours.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ottawa/ford-truck/1448112500?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Nice looking truck it is hard to tell could that be a rubber mat and if so why cover up the wood floor?

$13000 for a non-wood bed and non-stock seat I think is a little much.

There is a member on FTE that took me lead and also did a metal ribbed floor, his came out pretty good.

Dave ----