Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

I think I will get another gasket just in case and over the holiday weekend see about trying to fix that leak.

Going to try and see if I can loosen the manifolds move them, intake mostly, and tighten the bolts and see what happens.

If no go then I have the gasket so I can rip it all apart to replace the gasket.

Wish me luck.

Dave ----

Good luck!

Good luck!

Ordered the intake gasket today in hopes of working on it over the long weekend.

If it pisses me off you may see smoke from where I pushed it out in the yard and set in on fire!

I also bought a wiper delay box, harness & switch off Ebay today.

I have seen them come up then cant find them so when 3 came up this time I got 1.

Dave ----

Ordered the intake gasket today in hopes of working on it over the long weekend.

If it pisses me off you may see smoke from where I pushed it out in the yard and set in on fire!

I also bought a wiper delay box, harness & switch off Ebay today.

I have seen them come up then cant find them so when 3 came up this time I got 1.

Dave ----

I have the trailer hooked up and can be there overnight. I'm good at taking problem trucks off people's hands and making their lives easier, so who you gonna call? :nabble_smiley_super:

I have the trailer hooked up and can be there overnight. I'm good at taking problem trucks off people's hands and making their lives easier, so who you gonna call? :nabble_smiley_super:

LOL yes I know you are :nabble_anim_handshake:

I got a feeling I may want to do that, set fire to it, but never would but you will be the first to call just before the fire dept. LOL

Dave ----

LOL yes I know you are :nabble_anim_handshake:

I got a feeling I may want to do that, set fire to it, but never would but you will be the first to call just before the fire dept. LOL

Dave ----

James Taylor, my man, sang of me: I fix broken trucks, I know I really can. :nabble_smiley_wink:

:nabble_smiley_good:

We just got hit with a 95*+ heat wave today for the next week or more so unless I get out to the garage really early not much will get done.

When the sun is beating down on the garage roof you can feel it in side and why I would like to insulate the roof. That should also make it warmer in the winter.

Dave ----

We just got hit with a 95*+ heat wave today for the next week or more so unless I get out to the garage really early not much will get done.

When the sun is beating down on the garage roof you can feel it in side and why I would like to insulate the roof. That should also make it warmer in the winter.

Dave ----

If you can put a reflect barrier 1" or more below the roof it'll help a bunch.

If you can put a reflect barrier 1" or more below the roof it'll help a bunch.

I was even thinking the troughs you have to put in between the rafters for air flow to the ridge vent before you install the insulation would help.

But if I am going to go thru that much work I would do the insulation at the same time. And we all know what a fun job working with fiber glass insulation is :nabble_smiley_cry:

Got out to the garage by 5am and by 7am the truck no longer has a vacuum leak from the intake to head not sealing. First thing was to check for coolant under the truck, all good there so on to the intake leak.

The plan was to loosen the intake and lower it and tighten it back up reusing the new / old gasket.

The whole time not letting the EFI exh. manifolds drop down.

The intake dropped 1/8" on the front where it was leaking. When tightening everything up one of the lower rear exh. / intake manifold bolts did not feel right, hard to see as it is under the manifolds.

Found the washer did not catch the flange of the exh. manifold, manifold needed to go to the rear more.

We know the drill loosen everything backup, move manifold rearward and tighten everything back up checking as we go.

All looking good it's time for the real test, running! Once fuel got to the carb it fired right up and ran smooth. Pulled it out side to let it run but hear an exh. leak, Y pipe not sealing to the front manifold.

Took up on the nuts fired back up and no more exh. leak.

Once up to temp the idle is a little high at about 1000 RPM but when I try and lower it the motor wants to surge. Yes I did check for vacuum leaks with carb cleaner & covering the carb and all good.

The carb has been rebuilt but I have only run the truck to move it in & out of the garage and with todays fuel and it evaporates there maybe crud in the bowl.

I have been running it off a gas can on the fender well, don't want gas going bad in the tanks before I get it on the road, so I may add a little Sea Foam to the can to see what that does.

Up next is to see if I can get the bumpers a little smoother before I see if the last person on my list will wrap them. If he cant I will look to paint them. Think I also seen a powder coating place not far and may see if they can do them and how much.

Dave ----