Bullnose Forums

81 F100 flare side custom with 300 six & T18

FuzzFace2

If the lights you buy are a different length than the width of the headlights and turn signals, will you center the lights up on the center line of the others?

And, have you decided what lights to buy?

Yes and yes.

The green "patches" are the size of the lights posted on LMC's site but I did not center them for the pictures. I did not like the look when in the center so I just placed them out there. I think I lined up the outside edges of the trucks lights & the driving / fog lights.

But as you said I will find the center line of the head / turn lights and try and center the driving / fog lights to them.

I just placed the order with LMC for the 73 - 79 driving / fog lights that fit in the bumper for that years.

I also bought the switch / relay / harness assy.

Don't know how that will play out yet but thought best to have and not use than not have it and need it.

5 to 7 days I should have them in hand and will get pictures.

Dave ----

Looks clean... how did you patch the chrome where the holes were filled in? Is the bumper mounted with welded on studs now?

Looks clean... how did you patch the chrome where the holes were filled in? Is the bumper mounted with welded on studs now?

I did not patch or re-chrome where the welding was done.

I was going to cut the heads off the bumper bolts but my brother, who does body work for a living, said to put the bolts on the back side and weld them from the front thru the square holes.

Only thing I was not sure on is if I could mount the front bumper with the bolts welded because 2 bolts go from the front and the other 2 come in at an angle. So first I tack welded the bolts on the front bumper to make sure I could mount it and it worked out good.

So once I knew the bumpers could be bolted in I did weld the bolts on the face side building up the weld.

I then used my 4" grinder and a stone wheel to take down most of the welds. I then used a 36 grit flap wheel to take the welds down a little more then a 40 grit flap wheel.

On the rear bumper I also sanded it with a DA & 180 grit paper.

In person you can see where the welding was done but what I have in mind for the final look you will not be able to tell.

Dave ----

edit: I for got yes they are mounted with the welded in bumper bolts.

I did not patch or re-chrome where the welding was done.

I was going to cut the heads off the bumper bolts but my brother, who does body work for a living, said to put the bolts on the back side and weld them from the front thru the square holes.

Only thing I was not sure on is if I could mount the front bumper with the bolts welded because 2 bolts go from the front and the other 2 come in at an angle. So first I tack welded the bolts on the front bumper to make sure I could mount it and it worked out good.

So once I knew the bumpers could be bolted in I did weld the bolts on the face side building up the weld.

I then used my 4" grinder and a stone wheel to take down most of the welds. I then used a 36 grit flap wheel to take the welds down a little more then a 40 grit flap wheel.

On the rear bumper I also sanded it with a DA & 180 grit paper.

In person you can see where the welding was done but what I have in mind for the final look you will not be able to tell.

Dave ----

edit: I for got yes they are mounted with the welded in bumper bolts.

Interesting approach, Dave. Are you going to have the bumpers re-chromed?

No don't have the money for that and they are not that nice.

They have some little nicks & scrapes. The rear had dimples where the bolts were even after I thought I get them flat.

The front bumper has a little twist but was the easier of the 2 I could straighten.

Now you are twisting my arm on the chroming.

I am thinking on getting them wrapped in chrome. Someone said I can get the chrome and do it my self but just a quick look on Ebay the wrap is like $60.

I will see what someone wants to wrap and if say it is $150 I think it pays to have them do it.

We will see.

Dave ----

No don't have the money for that and they are not that nice.

They have some little nicks & scrapes. The rear had dimples where the bolts were even after I thought I get them flat.

The front bumper has a little twist but was the easier of the 2 I could straighten.

Now you are twisting my arm on the chroming.

I am thinking on getting them wrapped in chrome. Someone said I can get the chrome and do it my self but just a quick look on Ebay the wrap is like $60.

I will see what someone wants to wrap and if say it is $150 I think it pays to have them do it.

We will see.

Dave ----

Hadn't heard of wrapping them in chrome. I'm curious to see how that works. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hadn't heard of wrapping them in chrome. I'm curious to see how that works. :nabble_smiley_good:

The driving / fog lights came today so after a little yard work I will work on putting big holes in the bumpers for them and a tab or 2 to mount.

I will take pictures but my web site is down so cant post them at this time.

I just hope I did not loose all the pictures of this and my other projects.

Dave ----

The driving / fog lights came today so after a little yard work I will work on putting big holes in the bumpers for them and a tab or 2 to mount.

I will take pictures but my web site is down so cant post them at this time.

I just hope I did not loose all the pictures of this and my other projects.

Dave ----

I put my pics on my Onedrive from Microsoft, but could also use my Google drive. Anyway, I hope you haven't lost them. But, you can upload from your computer to here w/o hosting anywhere else.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how you mount the lights. :nabble_smiley_good:

I put my pics on my Onedrive from Microsoft, but could also use my Google drive. Anyway, I hope you haven't lost them. But, you can upload from your computer to here w/o hosting anywhere else.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how you mount the lights. :nabble_smiley_good:

I got the light holes cut in the bumper.

Because the holes are in the part of the bumper them sweeps back the lights will need to be installed on an angle so they point straight ahead.

Because of this there would be a gap on 1 side and bottom you would see. It took a little time to come up with a filler. I am using 1" wide by maybe 1/8" flat stock I had laying around.

I could not bend it so had to cut the parts and will weld them to the bumper.

I need to buy some grinding stones or burs for my die grinder as I have some cleaning up to do before welding and after to make it look good.

Once the filler is installed I will work on the mounting for the lights.

I have taken pictures and when I get my site back up will post them.

Dave ----

I got the light holes cut in the bumper.

Because the holes are in the part of the bumper them sweeps back the lights will need to be installed on an angle so they point straight ahead.

Because of this there would be a gap on 1 side and bottom you would see. It took a little time to come up with a filler. I am using 1" wide by maybe 1/8" flat stock I had laying around.

I could not bend it so had to cut the parts and will weld them to the bumper.

I need to buy some grinding stones or burs for my die grinder as I have some cleaning up to do before welding and after to make it look good.

Once the filler is installed I will work on the mounting for the lights.

I have taken pictures and when I get my site back up will post them.

Dave ----

I thought you might have to have a filler. Will the lights sit inside the filler or butt against it?