Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

It isn't necessary if your bearing is ok.

It isn't broken so I assume it's fine. What would be the proper check for wear? Just making sure there's no play in it? Also I found a good lower shaft at the junkyard yesterday. And a few of the unobtanium black interior switch knobs like go on the fuel selector switch.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't broken so I assume it's fine. What would be the proper check for wear? Just making sure there's no play in it? Also I found a good lower shaft at the junkyard yesterday. And a few of the unobtanium black interior switch knobs like go on the fuel selector switch.

Is the lower shaft the later one with an exposed u-joint?

As for checking the lower bearing, see if you can move the shaft side to side very much. Should just be able to move it.

Is the lower shaft the later one with an exposed u-joint?

As for checking the lower bearing, see if you can move the shaft side to side very much. Should just be able to move it.

I can't seem to find a phone number for Bluetop anywhere. Do you have their number or are they not taking calls right now?

Sounds good. I've got to get the old box off anyway. Taking off that pitman arm does not look like fun.

It takes a special puller, and even then I tighten the bolt with my impact, rap on the side of the pitman arm, tighten, rap, tighten, rap, and then it comes off. But I leave the nut just barely on to catch it.

It takes a special puller, and even then I tighten the bolt with my impact, rap on the side of the pitman arm, tighten, rap, tighten, rap, and then it comes off. But I leave the nut just barely on to catch it.

I sent it off with the pitman arm still attached. Apparently they don't mind because there is a box to check for that on the printout sheet.