Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

Well above 20k at this point... no, I have no idea exactly WHERE 20k went, but it's there.

I figured it out on Big Blue. I found out that my insurance company at the time, State Farm, would give me a couple thousand for Big Blue, and "maybe more if I had comps". So I went looking for comps and Hagerty had them. I contacted them and they said they'd insure it for what I have in it, so I documented it. :nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:

For those of you married, probably want to keep this well hidden.... :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you married, probably want to keep this well hidden.... :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Janey knows everything, there are no secrets. But both of us were blown away when I actually sat down and worked out what I'd spent. A thousand here and a thousand there seems to add up rather quickly.

Janey knows everything, there are no secrets. But both of us were blown away when I actually sat down and worked out what I'd spent. A thousand here and a thousand there seems to add up rather quickly.

"a grand here, and a grand there, pretty soon it adds up to real money!"

So I went looking for comps and Hagerty had them. I contacted them and they said they'd insure it for what I have in it, so I documented it.

I’m surprised, since I heard that they are willing to insure an “antique” to its right value only if it does not take the road. Kind of “museum” artifact. Where’s the risk, fire and theft?

So I went looking for comps and Hagerty had them. I contacted them and they said they'd insure it for what I have in it, so I documented it.

I’m surprised, since I heard that they are willing to insure an “antique” to its right value only if it does not take the road. Kind of “museum” artifact. Where’s the risk, fire and theft?

Hagerty requires you to have a covered, although maybe not enclosed, place to store the vehicle. And to state that you don't drive it daily. But there's no requirement to give them odometer readings on an annual basis.

And I have full coverage. Fire, theft, collision, etc. I did get a reduction for having a security system, although I'm not sure I did for the dashcam, meaning the front/rear cameras & the GPS system that tracks where the thing goes and takes video while it is running.

It's also just so expensive. I've got other projects going on all the time that aren't any cheaper than the truck, so I have to pick and choose. I don't have enough money for both at the same time. 'Specially that mower!

How in the world did my thread get hijacked into an insurance discussion? :nabble_anim_confused: That's one of the thing I love about this forum. We can get totally off-topic and no one freaks out about it! :nabble_anim_claps:

How in the world did my thread get hijacked into an insurance discussion? :nabble_anim_confused: That's one of the thing I love about this forum. We can get totally off-topic and no one freaks out about it! :nabble_anim_claps:

Well, you mentioned $20K, and Vivek said spending money on trucks has kept him from doing really stupid things (implying spending money on trucks is just slightly stupid), and Jeff replied that the money spent doesn't seem to show up in the sale cost, and ... I said I figured out what I'd spent on BB in order to get insurance, and Jeff....

So, it was your fault by tossing a rabbit on the stage and we just chased it. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Well, you mentioned $20K, and Vivek said spending money on trucks has kept him from doing really stupid things (implying spending money on trucks is just slightly stupid), and Jeff replied that the money spent doesn't seem to show up in the sale cost, and ... I said I figured out what I'd spent on BB in order to get insurance, and Jeff....

So, it was your fault by tossing a rabbit on the stage and we just chased it. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I would never imply that Gary ! I can go into details of the “really stupid” when we meet one day. But thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify that. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I do love the fact that the forum is tolerant of tangential discussions (just like a good family get together).

I would never imply that Gary ! I can go into details of the “really stupid” when we meet one day. But thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify that. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I do love the fact that the forum is tolerant of tangential discussions (just like a good family get together).

:nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes, I guess that was my fault. But now I'm doing even more stupider things! I just picked a craftsman mower for $25 with no deck. Thinking about putting my big 18.5 hp Briggs Intek on it and pulley swapping it to make a 50 mph Death Mower!