Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

How could I know, from Connecticut?

You set the relief pressure with a spring and a stack of washers.

Do you have any way to check the high side pressure with the pump running?

No, I would assume you would need a gauge that read over 1000 psi. I tried to research that but couldn't find anything. If the output pressure was too high, could it cause fluid to shoot out of the reservoir? I would think that there wouldn't be much pressure left after going to the gearbox. But, I'm not well versed in how these systems work.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could I know, from Connecticut?

You set the relief pressure with a spring and a stack of washers.

Do you have any way to check the high side pressure with the pump running?

And besides, if that weren't correct, wouldn't it cause problems with the steering as far as operation is concerned? Because it worked fine and felt just like it should. I would say the pump was quiet, but even if it was screaming there was no hearing it over the motor.

And besides, if that weren't correct, wouldn't it cause problems with the steering as far as operation is concerned? Because it worked fine and felt just like it should. I would say the pump was quiet, but even if it was screaming there was no hearing it over the motor.

I'm not sure what is wrong, but I am sure it's not right.

Usually they spray out the pin hole when the pump is not turning.

Maybe you have a crimped/kinked return line?

It's really pointless for me to guess. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I'm not sure what is wrong, but I am sure it's not right.

Usually they spray out the pin hole when the pump is not turning.

Maybe you have a crimped/kinked return line?

It's really pointless for me to guess. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

You know what? That's probably EXACTLY what it is. I had to use a plain hose going to my cooler in the front, and I noticed it had a very tight bend going to the return fitting on the reservoir. I'll check that tomorrow. It's too late and too cold outside now. 🥶

You know what? That's probably EXACTLY what it is. I had to use a plain hose going to my cooler in the front, and I noticed it had a very tight bend going to the return fitting on the reservoir. I'll check that tomorrow. It's too late and too cold outside now. 🥶

You're in Georgia.

My sister lives in Charleston and she said it was 80 today.

I'm in CT, sitting in a dang flatbed until 8 tomorrow.

It's supposed to be 20. 🥶

But it was like 40 last night. That's cold!

Hi there, just trying to catch up with this thread. Hopefully its warmer weather now. Today was a high of 92F in Dallas, Texas!!

Sorry if I missed it somewhere along the way, if the cam was brand-new how did the cam break-in go ?

Hi there, just trying to catch up with this thread. Hopefully its warmer weather now. Today was a high of 92F in Dallas, Texas!!

Sorry if I missed it somewhere along the way, if the cam was brand-new how did the cam break-in go ?

Yes, the cam is a custom grind. 508 intake 541 exhaust 114 lsa. Break in went well. According to Scotty, the break in oil should be left in for 100 miles. Only got 98 to go. :nabble_smiley_beam: