Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you click on the Testing tab? That has some good ideas, and better ones than I could come up with.

But no, I don't think there's a way to fix a broken one.

Well apparently I forgot I had a bunch of these things laying around. Found two that appear to work.

Cool. I wonder what temp thermostat would be best. I reckon higher temp for hotter climate?

If I recall, they're pretty much all calibrated at 105° f

Ford didn't care what temp it was as long as it was above ambient and could maintain a steady temperature in the carburetor

That way the mix would remain the same and they could meet Federal standards

• 2 weeks later...

Well apparently I forgot I had a bunch of these things laying around. Found two that appear to work.

Finally fired it off today. Ran great but started to overheat, fan clutch was the culprit. Replaced it, and stayed right on 180. For the first time in over 2 years, the truck moved under its own power today. Gotta say the ZF definitely has a taller first gear than the T-19. It didn't want to idle, so I've got to play with the timing and fuel some. But I'm happy with that for today. Also, power steering didn't work at all. Belt is on, and pump full of fluid, but the wheel was very hard to turn. The pump didn't make any noise at all. Maybe just air?

Finally fired it off today. Ran great but started to overheat, fan clutch was the culprit. Replaced it, and stayed right on 180. For the first time in over 2 years, the truck moved under its own power today. Gotta say the ZF definitely has a taller first gear than the T-19. It didn't want to idle, so I've got to play with the timing and fuel some. But I'm happy with that for today. Also, power steering didn't work at all. Belt is on, and pump full of fluid, but the wheel was very hard to turn. The pump didn't make any noise at all. Maybe just air?

Congratulations!! Such a good feeling. :nabble_anim_claps:

But the power steering is probably due to air in the system. Put the front up on jack stands and turn lock to lock while the engine is running, monitoring the level of the fluid frequently.

Congratulations!! Such a good feeling. :nabble_anim_claps:

But the power steering is probably due to air in the system. Put the front up on jack stands and turn lock to lock while the engine is running, monitoring the level of the fluid frequently.

That's what I was thinking. I'll try that hopefully tomorrow.

That's what I was thinking. I'll try that hopefully tomorrow.

Nice! :nabble_anim_claps:

Don't turn the wheel with the engine off and a C2 pump, or it will pee out the vent in the cap, all over the place.:nabble_smiley_argh:

I hope you get the pump sorted. It seems real odd that it could be airbound and silent. :nabble_anim_confused:

Nice! :nabble_anim_claps:

Don't turn the wheel with the engine off and a C2 pump, or it will pee out the vent in the cap, all over the place.:nabble_smiley_argh:

I hope you get the pump sorted. It seems real odd that it could be airbound and silent. :nabble_anim_confused:

Weeeeeelllllllll...when you've got open headers and you're revving it up to keep it from shutting off...it's possible that I just couldn't hear it.