Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

Gas is flushed, but that wasn't the problem. Dizzy was one tooth off. :nabble_smiley_whistling: Haven't crunk it yet but will try tomorrow. It's too dark and the neighbors are home. I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999992% sure it'll fire this time.

sometimes it only takes one.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gas is flushed, but that wasn't the problem. Dizzy was one tooth off. :nabble_smiley_whistling: Haven't crunk it yet but will try tomorrow. It's too dark and the neighbors are home. I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999992% sure it'll fire this time.

Yippee! Glad you found it. I'll bet it fires off very nicely tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yippee! Glad you found it. I'll bet it fires off very nicely tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

I certainly hope and pray so. In other news, I've acquired a dual snorkel Moostang air cleaner. Trying to find a replacement for the vacuum solenoids on the snorkels, and the temp sensor thing in the air cleaner. I know that system isn't necessary, but it's cool and I'd like to have it.

I certainly hope and pray so. In other news, I've acquired a dual snorkel Moostang air cleaner. Trying to find a replacement for the vacuum solenoids on the snorkels, and the temp sensor thing in the air cleaner. I know that system isn't necessary, but it's cool and I'd like to have it.

That stuff is available.

I looked up similar just last week.

The Mustang fanatics have a ready supply, if pricy.

Go by the Motorcraft numbers

That stuff is available.

I looked up similar just last week.

The Mustang fanatics have a ready supply, if pricy.

Go by the Motorcraft numbers

Cool. I wonder what temp thermostat would be best. I reckon higher temp for hotter climate?

Cool. I wonder what temp thermostat would be best. I reckon higher temp for hotter climate?

There's a fair amount of info on our page at Documentation/Fuel & Air Systems/Air Cleaners. Go to the Part Numbers tab followed by the Other tab. There you'll find the temp sensors and their Ford PN's and some of the Motorcraft PN's.

As for which one, my thinking is that you want to get as constant of a temp as is possible so you can get the AFR constant. (It'll never be constant with a carb, but...) And since in summer you'll be pulling 110F air or more then I'd go with a 105F unit.

Well, having trouble finding any vacuum motor for a reasonable price. Found one Standard VA19, for a good price, but it's listed as being for a 4 cylinder car. Looks correct but don't want to order one and be wrong. Also is there any way to test the thermostat part?

Well, having trouble finding any vacuum motor for a reasonable price. Found one Standard VA19, for a good price, but it's listed as being for a 4 cylinder car. Looks correct but don't want to order one and be wrong. Also is there any way to test the thermostat part?

not to oversimplify it but supply vacuum on one port set vacuum gauge to the other and add heat with a hair drier or heat gun.