Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

Have you confirmed the balancer asnt slipped and that TDC #1 is at 0?

The first times the charm IMHO.

But with a Pertronix instead of DS-II you can't just rap the cap with a screwdriver to get a single pulse from the ignition.

one point got may attention. you said dist set at 1 on the cap with intake closed.

as soon as the intake closes the piston is at the bottom and still needs to compress up to tdc. so how close to closing is it?

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one point got may attention. you said dist set at 1 on the cap with intake closed.

as soon as the intake closes the piston is at the bottom and still needs to compress up to tdc. so how close to closing is it?

I set it after intake closing, with piston all the way up.

Have you confirmed the balancer asnt slipped and that TDC #1 is at 0?

The first times the charm IMHO.

But with a Pertronix instead of DS-II you can't just rap the cap with a screwdriver to get a single pulse from the ignition.

Balancer is brand new. And I didn't know that about the Duraspark. You mean you can get a signal just by smacking the distributor cap?

Just crack the bowls loose and dump it out.,. :nabble_anim_confused:

don't forget the test of letting the system pump gas into a clean glass jar and set it aside. if it's wet then after a few minutes or 30 you should be able to see a water bubble at the bottom. old school!

don't forget the test of letting the system pump gas into a clean glass jar and set it aside. if it's wet then after a few minutes or 30 you should be able to see a water bubble at the bottom. old school!

I didn't know that one either! I'll remember that!

Taking the gas out now. Might be a while.

Gas is flushed, but that wasn't the problem. Dizzy was one tooth off. :nabble_smiley_whistling: Haven't crunk it yet but will try tomorrow. It's too dark and the neighbors are home. I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999992% sure it'll fire this time.