Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've still got a bunch of tools and parts up in the barn, but access is difficult in winter with a 2wd dually (U-haul van or whatever)

Pretty sure I was last there to get a 600 Holley (08457-S) for George of Nick & George, down near the Big Easy.

IMHO the AVS2 is a better carb than the AFB.

I like the idea of annular boosters.

Practice?

Think about or admire (idea of) all you like.

Practice is actually implementing it.

The 4180 that came on these trucks (and my '85 GT) was a really good carb, for 625 CFM.

The Federally mandated anti-tamper features weren't hard to get around.

There used to be a website (Flemworld) that had a whole tutorial on how to tune the 4180 for performance.

Site is long gone but you might find it on the Wayback Machine.

Think about or admire (idea of) all you like.

Practice is actually implementing it.

The 4180 that came on these trucks (and my '85 GT) was a really good carb, for 625 CFM.

The Federally mandated anti-tamper features weren't hard to get around.

There used to be a website (Flemworld) that had a whole tutorial on how to tune the 4180 for performance.

Site is long gone but you might find it on the Wayback Machine.

Yeah, I had a 4180 that I built specifically for this truck. Most intensive carb rebuild I've done. I put bushings in the throttle plate, cleaned it in the ultrasonic machine, converted it to manual choke etc etc etc. Ended up giving it away to someone. Oh how I wish I had it back!

Yeah, I had a 4180 that I built specifically for this truck. Most intensive carb rebuild I've done. I put bushings in the throttle plate, cleaned it in the ultrasonic machine, converted it to manual choke etc etc etc. Ended up giving it away to someone. Oh how I wish I had it back!

I just got a six liter tank from Horrid Fate.

Haven't even opened the box.

I don't do too much mechanic work any more but I sure miss my old dip pail of Hydroseal II.

That stuff was pure evil but it would have a carb clean in 20 minutes.

IMG_20240124_090017_MP.jpg.3f819a8235ea7e26d7d3ae4f9ea88f0b.jpg

I just got a six liter tank from Horrid Fate.

Haven't even opened the box.

I don't do too much mechanic work any more but I sure miss my old dip pail of Hydroseal II.

That stuff was pure evil but it would have a carb clean in 20 minutes.

That's the one I have. Works pretty good, but I wish the tank was bigger. Hard to fit a main body in there. Never heard of hydrostatic. Epa must've killed that

That's the one I have. Works pretty good, but I wish the tank was bigger. Hard to fit a main body in there. Never heard of hydrostatic. Epa must've killed that

I don't think it was EPA.

You can ask Bill, but I think it's more about the fact that the chemicals are HIGHLY mutagenic and it burns like hell.

I'm thinking there was a good dose of dichloromethane and 1.1.1 trichloroethylene to cut through any oils as well as acids that chew through pitting and corrosion.

You had to be careful with leaving things too long because it would dissolve the zinc right out of brass and zamak.