Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

Speed control and tilt columns could be had separately. The turn signal switch was different for the tilt vs non-tilt column. The speed control worked via the horn pad and had three resistors in it that told the unit which button had been pushed.

So, the difference on speed control vs non would be the pinout on the truck side harness.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the difference on speed control vs non would be the pinout on the truck side harness.

Not really. The steering column and truck harness is the same as w/o speed control. But there’s a jumper, C305A in the schematic, that goes from the steering column harness to the truck harness and includes the speed control.

Not really. The steering column and truck harness is the same as w/o speed control. But there’s a jumper, C305A in the schematic, that goes from the steering column harness to the truck harness and includes the speed control.

Jeff posted a picture from the EVTM showing how the two crescent plugs go together down by the ignition switch.

It did occur to me that it wouldn't make sense for Ford to make a different body harness for the trucks with options like speed control. That's just illogical from a manufacturing standpoint.

It did occur to me that it wouldn't make sense for Ford to make a different body harness for the trucks with options like speed control. That's just illogical from a manufacturing standpoint.

Very similar, the intermittent wipers are a module and grounded switch that fits the same plug as 2-speed, or the NSS for Auto's and clutch safety both fit one harness and it's just a matter of the one not used being jumpered.

ETA the harness for '84-87 gas trucks is set up to accept EEC or Duraspark-II ignitions

Truck is getting shelved for a while. May be a month or two before I work on it again.

Truck is getting shelved for a while. May be a month or two before I work on it again.

Not working on the truck yet, but I did get another steering column. Buuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttt... it's from an auto. That shouldn't matter, and in fact, I'd rather not have that stupid ignition lock anyway.

Not working on the truck yet, but I did get another steering column. Buuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttt... it's from an auto. That shouldn't matter, and in fact, I'd rather not have that stupid ignition lock anyway.

I guess you're good as long as you have some way to make sure it stays in the Park position without any indicator in the cluster.

Did it come with keys?

I guess you're good as long as you have some way to make sure it stays in the Park position without any indicator in the cluster.

Did it come with keys?

It did, but I'm using my old lock cylinder. Does it matter what position the shift ring thingy is in?

It did, but I'm using my old lock cylinder. Does it matter what position the shift ring thingy is in?

You don't like the button, but with an automatic column the key will only come out in park.

I asked about the key because the only non-destructive way I know to get the cylinder out is to have it in the Run position

There are simple ways to defeat the lock cylinder.

I won't discuss that on the forum..