Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

Well, it's settled. I'm going with Murray 432183. It's less than half the price of the one listed for my truck AND we have it in stock. If it doesn't fit I'll make it fit.

I think this is what you need: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/#nabble-td15660|a16027

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/#nabble-td118569|a118594

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/#nabble-td135862|a135875

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you have decided, but thought I'd mention, I put a Champion in the 86 I used to own and have one in the Bronco.

I'm happy with them, fit was good, installation was good. Cooling is good.

I'm starting to ignore a lot of reviews now, some people complain if you hang them with a new rope!

I see you have decided, but thought I'd mention, I put a Champion in the 86 I used to own and have one in the Bronco.

I'm happy with them, fit was good, installation was good. Cooling is good.

I'm starting to ignore a lot of reviews now, some people complain if you hang them with a new rope!

I think that knife cuts both ways Dane.

I'm often not surprised at reviews from shills that obviously have never used the product. 🙄

I never did figure out how Gary resolved his issues with Champion and have heard more than once on this forum about fitment problems.

I'm glad your experience has been positive! :nabble_smiley_good:

Might check the vendor reviews here in the marketplace section.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Champion-Cooling-Systems-tp118471.html

And now I know!

Champion (directly) went the extra mile for Gary and made it right. :nabble_smiley_cool:

So I'd guess if that unit is again available it works well with a breathed on 460.

I'll quantify* that by saying that Gary can be very persuasive and doesn't beat too hard on Big Blue.

It's unfortunate that the neck weld in his radiator cracked.

I obviously can't speak to manufacturing defects but I definitely don't think the failure was due to improper installation or abuse.

I think that knife cuts both ways Dane.

I'm often not surprised at reviews from shills that obviously have never used the product. 🙄

I never did figure out how Gary resolved his issues with Champion and have heard more than once on this forum about fitment problems.

I'm glad your experience has been positive! :nabble_smiley_good:

Might check the vendor reviews here in the marketplace section.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Champion-Cooling-Systems-tp118471.html

And now I know!

Champion (directly) went the extra mile for Gary and made it right. :nabble_smiley_cool:

So I'd guess if that unit is again available it works well with a breathed on 460.

I'll quantify* that by saying that Gary can be very persuasive and doesn't beat too hard on Big Blue.

It's unfortunate that the neck weld in his radiator cracked.

I obviously can't speak to manufacturing defects but I definitely don't think the failure was due to improper installation or abuse.

I have the new rad in. Went with Murray and it fit perfectly. In fact, I think it was the same radiator after all. The other, more expensive one has a different pass side tank. Anyway, it's in. Doesn't look like I'll be firing it off this week. Maybe next week.

I have the new rad in. Went with Murray and it fit perfectly. In fact, I think it was the same radiator after all. The other, more expensive one has a different pass side tank. Anyway, it's in. Doesn't look like I'll be firing it off this week. Maybe next week.

GRILLE AND HEADLIGHT BUCKETS ARE IN!!! Last thing before fire-off is the exhaust. Don't want to make things worse with the neighbors than they already are...

GRILLE AND HEADLIGHT BUCKETS ARE IN!!! Last thing before fire-off is the exhaust. Don't want to make things worse with the neighbors than they already are...

You're killing it! :nabble_smiley_good:

Yeah, this might not be the best day of the year to fire an unmuffled engine and run it for 20+ min at 2,000+ rpm. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Quick question Jim, before I go out to the yard tomorrow, are the Bricknose steering columns a bolt in for the Bullnose trucks?

Yes, the lower shaft with the sealed universal is a direct swap.

We had a bit of discussion that shows the Bullnose shaft with the rubber boot is superceded in the factory parts catalog.

Bricknose shaft also has a smaller diameter, riveted rag joint

Edit: I see from your other thread you're looking to replace the whole column with one that's not tilt.

While I think it bolts up the same under the dash I'm not sure if the crescent connector has the same pin out.

I do know that steering wheels interchange.

Gary just swapped out the Bullnose one on his SIL TJ's project truck.

Yes, the lower shaft with the sealed universal is a direct swap.

We had a bit of discussion that shows the Bullnose shaft with the rubber boot is superceded in the factory parts catalog.

Bricknose shaft also has a smaller diameter, riveted rag joint

Edit: I see from your other thread you're looking to replace the whole column with one that's not tilt.

While I think it bolts up the same under the dash I'm not sure if the crescent connector has the same pin out.

I do know that steering wheels interchange.

Gary just swapped out the Bullnose one on his SIL TJ's project truck.

I have a Bricky turn signal switch and it works fine. OFF TO THE YARD!!! Thanks, Jim, you're a life saver!