Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

I had to start the engine to get my Saginaw to draw. And when it got low it made horrible noises. But it wasn't out, just low, and topping it up quietened it again.

That's what I figured. It's going to be difficult trying to do that while breaking the engine in. I'll probably just take the belts off and do that after I can let it idle. Oh, how I wish I had a roller cam! :nabble_smiley_cry: But the only blanks available were Callies and $500 BEFORE GRINDING.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is exciting, but I don't celebrate Christmas. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the power steering system to draw fluid in. I filled the reservoir, and tried turning the pump by hand, but it only drew a little bit. Maybe not turning fast enough? Either that or I didn't put the pump back together correctly.

I'm celebrating solstice Thursday night.

(I guess I'm a pagan?)

Uh, yes, Jim, I think that would qualify. Personally I try to stay away from all of it.

BTW, my name is Bradley. I saw someone type out my username, then realized no one knows my name!

Bradley, I used a hex bit in a battery ratchet to try and prime my pump, but I'm with Gary in that it will be okay as long as there's something in there even if it isn't completely full or purged.

I'm not dancing naked around a fire or sacrificing an animal, just greeting the coming of winter. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Uh, yes, Jim, I think that would qualify. Personally I try to stay away from all of it.

BTW, my name is Bradley. I saw someone type out my username, then realized no one knows my name!

Hi Bradley, you're name in the signature will help those of us with bad rememberers! :nabble_anim_confused:

Jim, glad to hear that! The dancing around a fire thing! :nabble_smiley_oh:

Bradley, I used a hex bit in a battery ratchet to try and prime my pump, but I'm with Gary in that it will be okay as long as there's something in there even if it isn't completely full or purged.

I'm not dancing naked around a fire or sacrificing an animal, just greeting the coming of winter. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I completely forgot that there was a hex in there. Jim, did it work?

Considering that my steering wheel is off right now that won't be easy. Guess I'll just have to wait.

Well, my radiator is leaking. I want to go with a solid aluminum one, but I'm very wary of the quality. Summit-China, Champion-China, Frostbite-China. Even Cold-Case is made in China. I'm not going to spend that much money for something not US made. That being said, the only American made rad I can find is Be Cool, and they're $600!(Well, theres Griffin, but they're $800+). I REALLY don't want a parts store replacement, which is bad considering I sell them. :nabble_smiley_whistling:. The heavy duty cooling version is $450 and it has PLASTIC TANKS.:nabble_smiley_scared:

Well, my radiator is leaking. I want to go with a solid aluminum one, but I'm very wary of the quality. Summit-China, Champion-China, Frostbite-China. Even Cold-Case is made in China. I'm not going to spend that much money for something not US made. That being said, the only American made rad I can find is Be Cool, and they're $600!(Well, theres Griffin, but they're $800+). I REALLY don't want a parts store replacement, which is bad considering I sell them. :nabble_smiley_whistling:. The heavy duty cooling version is $450 and it has PLASTIC TANKS.:nabble_smiley_scared:

It was a sad day when Modine got sucked into becoming part of Visteon...

It is what it is, I guess. 🤷‍♂️