Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

Looking good! You have almost 180 degrees of wrap on the alternator, and that should work out well. :nabble_smiley_good:

I couldn't move the pulley, so that must be good! Really wanting to put the core support and radiator back in, but I know I should wait until I get the gearbox back in. Everything is easy with no front clip.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't move the pulley, so that must be good! Really wanting to put the core support and radiator back in, but I know I should wait until I get the gearbox back in. Everything is easy with no front clip.

Gearbox is in! As are the lower shaft and column. Sadly, when removing the drag link from the pitman arm the boot got cut. I've tried but cannot find a replacement. Might just replace the whole link as it is original and not very tight at the gear box end.

Gearbox is in! As are the lower shaft and column. Sadly, when removing the drag link from the pitman arm the boot got cut. I've tried but cannot find a replacement. Might just replace the whole link as it is original and not very tight at the gear box end.

You can find a universal boot, but when a Moog ds1069 is under $56 delivered tomorrow Prime it's hard not to just replace it.while the box is new.

You can find a universal boot, but when a Moog ds1069 is under $56 delivered tomorrow Prime it's hard not to just replace it.while the box is new.

I went that route! And decided to replace the rest as well while I'm in there. At work, Moog is being phased out, but Precision is the same product rebranded. So I got one of them. Can't tell you my price as that is "classified information", but it was cheap so well worth it. On another note, I spent 3~4 hours in El Junkyardo today, and got quite a haul of stuff. Most was parts for the Danger Ranger, but some for the F250 also. I got a steering wheel in pretty good shape from an 87 F150 for $20. I also found a very new Whelen roof mount spotlight atop a 99 F350, paid $15 for it, and it WORKS(led and stupid bright). Also some working fog lights on the 87. $15. They will be going on the F250. I cleaned up the steering wheel and was about to put it on, but then I remembered that my turn signal cam is broke. Again. This one is brand new with basically zero miles, and only a few uses. I hope there is some permanent fix to that. I noticed that the Bricknose one feels much more solid. I'll search the forum for a fix or mod for that.

I went that route! And decided to replace the rest as well while I'm in there. At work, Moog is being phased out, but Precision is the same product rebranded. So I got one of them. Can't tell you my price as that is "classified information", but it was cheap so well worth it. On another note, I spent 3~4 hours in El Junkyardo today, and got quite a haul of stuff. Most was parts for the Danger Ranger, but some for the F250 also. I got a steering wheel in pretty good shape from an 87 F150 for $20. I also found a very new Whelen roof mount spotlight atop a 99 F350, paid $15 for it, and it WORKS(led and stupid bright). Also some working fog lights on the 87. $15. They will be going on the F250. I cleaned up the steering wheel and was about to put it on, but then I remembered that my turn signal cam is broke. Again. This one is brand new with basically zero miles, and only a few uses. I hope there is some permanent fix to that. I noticed that the Bricknose one feels much more solid. I'll search the forum for a fix or mod for that.

Good haul! And replacing the joints is a good idea. :nabble_anim_claps:

• 2 weeks later...

Correction- Precision is NOT a Moog part. Moog matches factory;Precision is about 1/4 inch smaller diameter. Went with Moog.

Anyway, radiator support is in, engine has oil, and cooling system is filled. Exhaust is next. Might fire it off this week.

Correction- Precision is NOT a Moog part. Moog matches factory;Precision is about 1/4 inch smaller diameter. Went with Moog.

Anyway, radiator support is in, engine has oil, and cooling system is filled. Exhaust is next. Might fire it off this week.

Oh that's exciting! :nabble_anim_jump:

Christmas comes early for you. 😉

Oh that's exciting! :nabble_anim_jump:

Christmas comes early for you. 😉

It is exciting, but I don't celebrate Christmas. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the power steering system to draw fluid in. I filled the reservoir, and tried turning the pump by hand, but it only drew a little bit. Maybe not turning fast enough? Either that or I didn't put the pump back together correctly.

It is exciting, but I don't celebrate Christmas. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the power steering system to draw fluid in. I filled the reservoir, and tried turning the pump by hand, but it only drew a little bit. Maybe not turning fast enough? Either that or I didn't put the pump back together correctly.

I had to start the engine to get my Saginaw to draw. And when it got low it made horrible noises. But it wasn't out, just low, and topping it up quietened it again.