Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

How did you determine pressure on the relief valve?

Jacking it up and turning the wheel did not work. Did literally nothing. Pump is not working, took the lines off and the pump does nothing when turned. Oddly, when I first installed it, turning it did lower the level of the fluid. And, after break in, the reservoir was empty. Was not a leak, and fluid is in the whole system. I pulled the pump off, and am about to tear it back down.

Jacking it up and turning the wheel did not work. Did literally nothing. Pump is not working, took the lines off and the pump does nothing when turned. Oddly, when I first installed it, turning it did lower the level of the fluid. And, after break in, the reservoir was empty. Was not a leak, and fluid is in the whole system. I pulled the pump off, and am about to tear it back down.

Pump is fixed, bit now another problem. Took it for its maiden voyage, and it drove great, but, when we got back, power steering fluid was EVERYWHERE, and the pump almost dry. Never lost power steering. I don't see any blown lines, and the cap was on, so maybe blew out the pin hole vent? :nabble_anim_confused:

Pump is fixed, bit now another problem. Took it for its maiden voyage, and it drove great, but, when we got back, power steering fluid was EVERYWHERE, and the pump almost dry. Never lost power steering. I don't see any blown lines, and the cap was on, so maybe blew out the pin hole vent? :nabble_anim_confused:

That'll happen if you turn the wheel with the engine off.

I JUST told you that....:nabble_anim_confused:

No, it happened while it was running. System has been bled also.

I would say the pump is not fixed...

Have you ever done a C2 before?

Did you watch some idiot on YouTube?

I'm in my 60's. I don't trust everything I find on the Internet.

I would say the pump is not fixed...

Have you ever done a C2 before?

Did you watch some idiot on YouTube?

I'm in my 60's. I don't trust everything I find on the Internet.

Well, yes, I watched a YouTube video to make sure I had the plates oriented correctly. The pump works, as far as pushing fluid is concerned. I tried to look up the relief valve pressure issue that you mentioned but couldn't find anything. Am I missing something?

Well, yes, I watched a YouTube video to make sure I had the plates oriented correctly. The pump works, as far as pushing fluid is concerned. I tried to look up the relief valve pressure issue that you mentioned but couldn't find anything. Am I missing something?

How could I know, from Connecticut?

You set the relief pressure with a spring and a stack of washers.

Do you have any way to check the high side pressure with the pump running?