Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

Well, the exhaust is going to be a little tricky. The y pipe is not fitting because of the zf crossmember. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

Whose Y-pipe are you using?

Or is it stock and you got one of those weird 350 4x4 cross members?

My 250 fits the stock head pipes fine, but I'm using the old T-19 cross member , moved back.

Well, the exhaust is going to be a little tricky. The y pipe is not fitting because of the zf crossmember. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

When I changed Darth over from carburated/C6 to EFI/E4OD I found two items that caused some fun.

(a) Exhaust flange angles were different on the carburated exhaust manifolds and EFI manifolds also exhaust port size and shape were different so the manifolds had to match the heads.

(b) E4OD is a long beast, actual difference from the C6 is only 3" but the mount pad is 9" further back.

Neither the original dual head pipes nor the EFI/E4OD pipes were a true Y, both were an assembly with a flange at the back end where the original pipes bolted to the extension pipes and the EFI pipes bolted to the catalytic converter. My exhaust shop had a flange from a replaced catalytic converter and used it to mate the extension pipes to the "new" front pipes/ The front pipes are rather long as they actually go over the transmission crossmember.

Good luck with fitting everything!

Whose Y-pipe are you using?

Or is it stock and you got one of those weird 350 4x4 cross members?

My 250 fits the stock head pipes fine, but I'm using the old T-19 cross member , moved back.

Well fellas, sorry for the late reply, I been workin. The exhaust is custom, and was on the truck when I got it. I have tri-y headers. The y pipe is old and rusty(but solid, just ugly) so I'm thinking of having new pipe made. The problem with that is not the price, but having to get the truck to the muffler shop. It's only about 6 or miles away, but that a loooooong drive with open headers. Not a good way to make friends. So I'm stuck for now till I make a decision. Or I could take it to: :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:

Well fellas, sorry for the late reply, I been workin. The exhaust is custom, and was on the truck when I got it. I have tri-y headers. The y pipe is old and rusty(but solid, just ugly) so I'm thinking of having new pipe made. The problem with that is not the price, but having to get the truck to the muffler shop. It's only about 6 or miles away, but that a loooooong drive with open headers. Not a good way to make friends. So I'm stuck for now till I make a decision. Or I could take it to: :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:

No! Not :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:

I'm not sure he has a hammer, but he sure has a Sawzall. And he used it on my frame! :nabble_smiley_cry:

He used it on your engine crossmember...... 😢

You cut your frame for header clearance

I've done everything but alignments to my truck since I got it in '88.

This past spring I hired a well recommended shop to change my clutch (not because it was bad, mind..)

And paid for them to screw it up. 😡

It haunts me every day.