Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

I have a Bricky turn signal switch and it works fine. OFF TO THE YARD!!! Thanks, Jim, you're a life saver!

I was more concerned about speed (cruise) control if you have that

I know the horn connections are different and use a relay if you have the A&B connectors.

I think this has to do with how speed control has a given resistance when you push the buttons on the horn pad, but I'm not expert because my truck is a lowly Custom....

I know the horn connections are different and use a relay if you have the A&B connectors.

I think this has to do with how speed control has a given resistance when you push the buttons on the horn pad, but I'm not expert because my truck is a lowly Custom....

Mine originally had speed control, but I've stripped that out. Don't need any frills on this truck. Still have all the parts.

Mine originally had speed control, but I've stripped that out. Don't need any frills on this truck. Still have all the parts.

I posted the EVTM page in TJ's thread comparing the relay v/direct horn when Gary was trying to troubleshoot L'il Blue.

I know that if the truck came with speed control there was a relay in between the two plugs.

I posted the EVTM page in TJ's thread comparing the relay v/direct horn when Gary was trying to troubleshoot L'il Blue.

I know that if the truck came with speed control there was a relay in between the two plugs.

Does that matter? I test fit a Bricky non-speed control steering wheel and the horn works fine.

Wait a minute... the truck I'll be working on(not today as the yard was closed) is an 87 F150 Custom. It's the one I got the wheel from. Did not have speed control. I'm not sure whether it had tilt or not. Will have to see. Does yours have tilt? Thinking about it more, when I pulled the wheel off, the turn signal switch looked very different than mine for the tilt wheel. I wasn't thinking about it at the time, just noticed it was different. So, it should be the non-tilt as those were the only two variations, correct?

Wait a minute... the truck I'll be working on(not today as the yard was closed) is an 87 F150 Custom. It's the one I got the wheel from. Did not have speed control. I'm not sure whether it had tilt or not. Will have to see. Does yours have tilt? Thinking about it more, when I pulled the wheel off, the turn signal switch looked very different than mine for the tilt wheel. I wasn't thinking about it at the time, just noticed it was different. So, it should be the non-tilt as those were the only two variations, correct?

I think the variation in switch was tilt v) non tilt but the speed control changes power v/ground through the wheel. (I'd have to look closer at the schematics, since my basic Custom has neither)

I think the variation in switch was tilt v) non tilt but the speed control changes power v/ground through the wheel. (I'd have to look closer at the schematics, since my basic Custom has neither)

I wonder if tilt and speed control went together... meaning you couldn't get a non-tilt with speed control or vice versa. The reason I think that is because there are only two switches, and the determining factor is tilt. Speed control is not mentioned in my parts system. Or, it could be that both switches are electrically the same, but the pinout on the truck side is different to accommodate speed control. What a mess!:nabble_smiley_argh:

I wonder if tilt and speed control went together... meaning you couldn't get a non-tilt with speed control or vice versa. The reason I think that is because there are only two switches, and the determining factor is tilt. Speed control is not mentioned in my parts system. Or, it could be that both switches are electrically the same, but the pinout on the truck side is different to accommodate speed control. What a mess!:nabble_smiley_argh:

That's one of the challenges of the EVTM

It only shows you one circuit at a time.

I can't say that you couldn't get cruise control without tilt, but you'd definitely see both in an upscale XLT.