Bullnose Forums

Build update 2

It was a sad day when Modine got sucked into becoming part of Visteon...

It is what it is, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

I've never heard of either, so that must have been some time ago. Cold Case looks great, but I've read several horror-story reviews on Amazon. Swapped out 3 times l, still leaked. That was for a Jeep, but I look at a brand as a whole. Summit has fair reviews, and I know they are great with warranties, but I'd prefer to do this job once. If a have no other choice, I'll get one at work.

I've never heard of either, so that must have been some time ago. Cold Case looks great, but I've read several horror-story reviews on Amazon. Swapped out 3 times l, still leaked. That was for a Jeep, but I look at a brand as a whole. Summit has fair reviews, and I know they are great with warranties, but I'd prefer to do this job once. If a have no other choice, I'll get one at work.

Modine was the king of heat exchangers for many decades, in the 20th century.

Visteon was Ford's climate control division but was spun off around the turn of the century and bought up by some capital group.

Then Modine was taken over by them and the old product line vanished (they were bought for the name)

Visteon was Ford's climate control division but was spun off around the turn of the century and bought up by some capital group.

Then Modine was taken over by them and the old product line vanished (they were bought for the name)

Sad. Well, the reviews on Champion and Summit's brand were so bad that I ordered one through work. And the price tag is $480, not $450. I'll have it tomorrow, anyway. Just not a fan of plastic tanks. The one I'm replacing is original to the truck, though, so they can last close to 40 years.

Another option is to get one for an 80-84. They were solid metal, but thinner. They were used in F350's with the 460, so one should be able to do the job right? I am also running a 180 thermystat, so that should help.

Another option is to get one for an 80-84. They were solid metal, but thinner. They were used in F350's with the 460, so one should be able to do the job right? I am also running a 180 thermystat, so that should help.

The way the radiator attaches top and bottom is different.

Not that you couldn't adapt, but that's a LOT to go through and it might come back to bite you or a future owner.

Cory (Rembrandt) had a good write-up about adapting the core support to use a later radiator in an early bullnose.

. They were solid metal, but thinner. They were used in F350's with the 460, so one should be able to do the job right? I am also running a 180 thermystat, so that should help.

The problem is total heat exchange.

You have a larger engine with higher compression making more power.

Under load it will start cooling at 180° but if the radiator can't shed all the heat the engine is producing then the coolant temp will continue to climb.

Stuck in traffic on a humid summer day is a recipe for disaster.

. They were solid metal, but thinner. They were used in F350's with the 460, so one should be able to do the job right? I am also running a 180 thermystat, so that should help.

The problem is total heat exchange.

You have a larger engine with higher compression making more power.

Under load it will start cooling at 180° but if the radiator can't shed all the heat the engine is producing then the coolant temp will continue to climb.

Stuck in traffic on a humid summer day is a recipe for disaster.

Do you think the stock radiator is up to the task? I also found one for a better price for early 90's f250 to f-superduty with the 460. An f-superduty was basically an f450, so that should be adequate, I would think. It's not quite as thick as mine but close. And it's a lot cheaper.

Do you think the stock radiator is up to the task? I also found one for a better price for early 90's f250 to f-superduty with the 460. An f-superduty was basically an f450, so that should be adequate, I would think. It's not quite as thick as mine but close. And it's a lot cheaper.

With a stock fan and shroud, probably.

I know when I used to tow the loaded race trailer to Daytona I'd get jammed in traffic on arrival after lead footing it for almost 20hrs straight. We would never turn the truck off for gas because we couldn't afford to get vapor locked with a mechanical pump.

The gauge never climbed out of [normal]

It would get WAY up there, like L, but I was dragging a 30' trailer down International Blvd in stop, crawl, stop, crawl traffic.

The Aeronose 450's take the exact same radiator I do.

But they attach directly to the back of the rad support with clip nuts at the top.

If I get some time overnight I'll go look for Cory's post.

I know when I used to tow the loaded race trailer to Daytona I'd get jammed in traffic on arrival after lead footing it for almost 20hrs straight. We would never turn the truck off for gas because we couldn't afford to get vapor locked with a mechanical pump.

It would get WAY up there, like L, but I was dragging a 30' trailer down International Blvd in stop, crawl, stop, crawl traffic.

But they attach directly to the back of the rad support with clip nuts at the top.

I forgot you had a Brick. Even though it's right. There. In. Your. Avatar.

Thanks for the help too.

Well, it's settled. I'm going with Murray 432183. It's less than half the price of the one listed for my truck AND we have it in stock. If it doesn't fit I'll make it fit.