Bullnose Forums

Tie rod adjuster sleeves rotation direction

Hi Folks,

My F150 4x2 has a good alignment, but the steering wheel is slightly off center when traveling straight.

I need to move both front wheels slightly towards the driver's side to correct it.

I just want to confirm and double check this before I do it.

To move the front wheels towards the left, I would:

Facing driver's side / left front wheel I would rotate the tie-rod adjuster sleeve CCW.

Facing the passenger side / right front wheel I would rotate the tie-rod adjuster sleeve CCW.

Do I have this correct?

If it is tracking straight consider getting a steering wheel puller from harbor freight.

Pull the steering wheel off, rotate it “re-clock” and smile.

Can prob rent the puller for the day from an auto parts store.

I actually have a steering wheel puller kit and have pulled Bullnose wheels many times. The truck is question is my 1994 F150 2wd, and it has steering wheel air bag, cruise control, etc. I was hoping to not have to remove the wheel (I haven't even looked to see what is involved tbh, maybe it's easy).

Everything from the steering box to the tie-rod ends on my '94 is the same as Bullnose, so that is why I asked here.

I actually have a steering wheel puller kit and have pulled Bullnose wheels many times. The truck is question is my 1994 F150 2wd, and it has steering wheel air bag, cruise control, etc. I was hoping to not have to remove the wheel (I haven't even looked to see what is involved tbh, maybe it's easy).

Everything from the steering box to the tie-rod ends on my '94 is the same as Bullnose, so that is why I asked here.

Ah, gotcha, I thought you were talking about a Bullnose.

Why not straighten it from the input of the steering shaft to the box?

Ah, gotcha, I thought you were talking about a Bullnose.

Why not straighten it from the input of the steering shaft to the box?

Except the box to shaft is 'keyed' by one missing spline.

You can't 'clock' the shaft except for 360° off, and the sector box is ~3 1/2 turns lock to lock.