Bullnose Forums

1985 302 EFI throttle cable issue

CDLong

You could probably safety wire it in place.

I see a little hole down between the two cables that would serve well as a lashing point to hold the plastic boss into the retaining slot of the bracket.

You are correct. I tried a wire tie which seemed to work until I tried to put the cover back on. The square end of the wire tie is up so the cover won't go in place. I'll try your wire idea. Thanks!

You are correct. I tried a wire tie which seemed to work until I tried to put the cover back on. The square end of the wire tie is up so the cover won't go in place. I'll try your wire idea. Thanks!

That should be only the cabe of the cruise control. Left one on the image is the throttle cable from the pedal. The broken one comes from the cruise control. In the hole below is normaly a clip, that is a part of the square end of this cable.

That should be only the cabe of the cruise control. Left one on the image is the throttle cable from the pedal. The broken one comes from the cruise control. In the hole below is normaly a clip, that is a part of the square end of this cable.

Thank you. I found that the cruise control was not working. I have southern engineered it for now with a wire tie. We see what happens.