Bullnose Forums

New member 1985 F150 XLT Lariat

CDLong

When_purchased_Drivers_side.jpg.d8f1215a8b7207c725b5ba4ea9204ba1.jpg

Purchased 10/2/23. Drove 89 miles from Hanover, PA to within 1 mile of home in Delaware and she died.

Wife drug us home. 2 hours later she started and was parked in the driveway. No rattles, but several times I had to get off the as to shift into high gear. Engine cranks extremely slow but does start. Lot of play in the front end. Been cleanin' on her for 3 days. Cab cleaned top to bottom, seat & carpet shampooed with Chemical guys "All Clean". Did a great job of removing stains with a Roybi power brush. Simple Green soaked and pressure washed the engine & chassis. Some spots on underside of hood required Royal Purple degreaser & scrubbin'. No rot in the frame. She has a spare tire and mount. Body has good bit of rot. Tomorrow starts tune up, exhaust repairs etc, for state inspection.

Welcome CD! :nabble_waving_orig:

Seems like you're on top of things. :nabble_smiley_good:

Which transmission do you have?

Slow crank due to weak battery? Cables? Starter?

Jim,

I haven't checked. I assumed it's a C6? I'll have to investigate. I'll check battery cables tomorrow. Thanks for the info. Been a long time since I was working under a hood. I'm 70 and can use all the help I can get.

Jim,

I haven't checked. I assumed it's a C6? I'll have to investigate. I'll check battery cables tomorrow. Thanks for the info. Been a long time since I was working under a hood. I'm 70 and can use all the help I can get.

Look on the door sticker for the transmission code.

I would assume C4 or AOD, but I'm beginning to forget, and I'm not so good with the lighter pickups.

Look on the door sticker for the transmission code.

I would assume C4 or AOD, but I'm beginning to forget, and I'm not so good with the lighter pickups.

I will look. My neighbor said he thinks it's a C4. I think Trans code is T?

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Delawhere? That was the question I asked of the couple in Switzerland last week. Turns out they lived just a few miles of where we lived near Hockessin. And he works at Longwood Gardens, so had interesting stories to tell of the recent escapee's brouhaha.

But if we knew roughly where in Delaware we could put you on our map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. Just a city or zip is sufficient.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Delawhere? That was the question I asked of the couple in Switzerland last week. Turns out they lived just a few miles of where we lived near Hockessin. And he works at Longwood Gardens, so had interesting stories to tell of the recent escapee's brouhaha.

But if we knew roughly where in Delaware we could put you on our map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. Just a city or zip is sufficient.

Newark, DE Gsry