Bullnose Forums

On board air.

Since my AC is deleted so beautifully, and since it is October and I won't be thinking of the consequences of not having AC for a while, and since by the time it is hot enough to regret deleting the AC I will be doing other things (hopefully), I'm looking at converting to OBA. I have the FS6 compressor, and yes it works. Not sure what I will need as far as electrical goes, or the plumbing either. I have a few small air tanks that I can use. Cheapness is paramount. Ideas?

A little late have you done anything with this yet?

I dont know how well the FS6 works as an air pump as I am sure most use the big square York compressor

The reason I say this is the FS6 does not have a oil sump to keep the compressor lubed.

Yes the York dose have a sump and why it is used.

Dave ----

I dont know how well the FS6 works as an air pump as I am sure most use the big square York compressor

The reason I say this is the FS6 does not have a oil sump to keep the compressor lubed.

Dave ----

I have already flushed the compressor with air compressor oil. The hoses have been cut and the pressure side has a 3/8 barb jb-welded in place. I've already ordered an air tool oiler and figured out where I'm going to mount the tank. Best part is I already have most of the parts. I'm using an old 3gal air compressor. I took off basically everything except the manifold and pressure switch, which I will use as it is set to about the pressure I would want anyway. Will post pics soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave ----

In the process now of prototyping this on the F750-excuse me-Ranger. Basically what I have done is cut the low pressure hose coming from the drier, and installed an air tool oiler and air filter. On the high side/compressed air side, I'm running the output line to the condenser as it was originally. The outlet of the condenser is cut and will be connected to the hose running to the air tank. The tank will be mounted to the frame under the cab. The F250 will be done basically the same way, but the engine comes first. I will write up the wiring later, but it is very simple.

In the process now of prototyping this on the F750-excuse me-Ranger. Basically what I have done is cut the low pressure hose coming from the drier, and installed an air tool oiler and air filter. On the high side/compressed air side, I'm running the output line to the condenser as it was originally. The outlet of the condenser is cut and will be connected to the hose running to the air tank. The tank will be mounted to the frame under the cab. The F250 will be done basically the same way, but the engine comes first. I will write up the wiring later, but it is very simple.

Sounds like it should work well. :nabble_smiley_good: