Bullnose Forums

"All or nothing" rear brakes - 83 f250hd diesel.

gaveasky

Fortunately those are still available. :nabble_smiley_good:

Do you happen to have the part number?

It appears as though the 80-83 trucks used different prop valves to the 84-86.

Searching online, one guy stated my truck would use E0TZ 28257-A .

Cannot find this part online... wondering if maybe a Willwood adjustable valve might work, though I would probably lose the brake warning light.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot find this part online... wondering if maybe a Willwood adjustable valve might work, though I would probably lose the brake warning light.

There are a bunch of stock style aftermarket proportioning valves, like the one mentioned above from CC.

Some of these don't require the 1/2-20 adapter that one needs.

Willwood is nice but not direct replacement and would need to be tuned.

One thing to try before you get too far down the rabbit hole. Find a safe area where you can back up fairly fast then hit the brakes. If you can't slide the front wheels under those conditions, then it may well be the proportioning valve causing your problem.

There are a bunch of stock style aftermarket proportioning valves, like the one mentioned above from CC.

Some of these don't require the 1/2-20 adapter that one needs.

Willwood is nice but not direct replacement and would need to be tuned.

Hmm yeah, this one says it works for my truck https://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/80-86-Ford-F250-F350-brake-valve.html

Off the dome, do you know what I would say to the auto parts guy to get the correct adapter so this would fit? I might as well order that part anyway cause if someone else's prop valve failed, mine will too (eventually) even if it hasn't already. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Hmm yeah, this one says it works for my truck https://www.carolinaclassictrucks.com/80-86-Ford-F250-F350-brake-valve.html

Off the dome, do you know what I would say to the auto parts guy to get the correct adapter so this would fit? I might as well order that part anyway cause if someone else's prop valve failed, mine will too (eventually) even if it hasn't already. :nabble_anim_crazy:

On my 86 it was straight bolt on no adaptors. I got the the tool from them to put in place of sensor switch for bleeding. these people at CC are very easy to deal with.

On my 86 it was straight bolt on no adaptors. I got the the tool from them to put in place of sensor switch for bleeding. these people at CC are very easy to deal with.

You are right, even though their website doesnt ship to canada they sent me a paypal link and made it work.

Thanks for the recommendation, especially about the bleed tool, I would have never guessed and then smashed my head in trying to work out why it wasnt bleeding properly lol.

Thanks for all the information guys. ArdWrknTrk if you still have that part/thing number you used to bypass the load sensing valve I'd love to keep it documented should the prop valve not work.

You are right, even though their website doesnt ship to canada they sent me a paypal link and made it work.

Thanks for the recommendation, especially about the bleed tool, I would have never guessed and then smashed my head in trying to work out why it wasnt bleeding properly lol.

Thanks for all the information guys. ArdWrknTrk if you still have that part/thing number you used to bypass the load sensing valve I'd love to keep it documented should the prop valve not work.

Dorman H38044

Fits '80-'84 & '87-'9X

Dorman H38044 Rear Center Brake Hydraulic Hose Compatible with Select Ford Models https://a.co/d/3wrWhEN

As far as trying to get what you need from a parts a store: forget it. I work at a parts store and will tell you that we hardly ever have the correct fitting you are looking for. Plenty of fittings that no one ever needs though. As far as the valve goes, I thought for I time that mine was going bad, because I couldn't get the thing to stop leaking. Turns out the crush washers that come with the replacement hoses were to thin in my case. The bolt was bottoming out in the valve without ever touching the washers. Hard to see under there so yeah, that happened. Two thicker washers and it was fine. Likely has nothing to do with your current problems, but something to look out for if you replace that hose.

As far as trying to get what you need from a parts a store: forget it. I work at a parts store and will tell you that we hardly ever have the correct fitting you are looking for. Plenty of fittings that no one ever needs though. As far as the valve goes, I thought for I time that mine was going bad, because I couldn't get the thing to stop leaking. Turns out the crush washers that come with the replacement hoses were to thin in my case. The bolt was bottoming out in the valve without ever touching the washers. Hard to see under there so yeah, that happened. Two thicker washers and it was fine. Likely has nothing to do with your current problems, but something to look out for if you replace that hose.

Just a heads up on the bleed tool. it will not work on a OEM valve.

Just a heads up on the bleed tool. it will not work on a OEM valve.

I bought a valve from carolinaclassictrucks, I am guessing this does not qualify as OEM and the tool should work?

In any case they forgot to ship me the tool so I'm wondering if there is any way to do the bleed without it.