Bullnose Forums

Map Light Switch Out?

Powerman5K

Sorry, I have the Map light on the bottom left that I'd like to install.

The Lg/Y constant power wire should already be up there but not attached.

Door & panel switches power the dome light through the Bk/Lb wire.

Ground is through the mounting screw.

Here's the 1980 EVTM....

Screenshot_2023-09-26-15-46-58-302.thumb.jpeg.3eaf8e24cf3ddb92c632404f6c2d5437.jpeg

Edit: on second look I see both wires at C406 and C705 but I see the Lg/Y wire also has connection at C202 which would be at the bottom of the driver's B pillar.

The 1980 harness is a little unique, and I can't say circuit 54 is continued up to the lamp if the map light wasn't optioned for your truck

At worst you would have to push a wire from the lamp down to the cab corner.

Sorry if I don't know these first year trucks as well as I do the later ones. :nabble_smiley_blush:

The Lg/Y constant power wire should already be up there but not attached.

Door & panel switches power the dome light through the Bk/Lb wire.

Ground is through the mounting screw.

Here's the 1980 EVTM....

Edit: on second look I see both wires at C406 and C705 but I see the Lg/Y wire also has connection at C202 which would be at the bottom of the driver's B pillar.

The 1980 harness is a little unique, and I can't say circuit 54 is continued up to the lamp if the map light wasn't optioned for your truck

At worst you would have to push a wire from the lamp down to the cab corner.

Sorry if I don't know these first year trucks as well as I do the later ones. :nabble_smiley_blush:

If memory serves my '84 doesn't have the second wire (had a stock headliner, but the non-map light).

Sorry, I have the Map light on the bottom left that I'd like to install.

My truck originally had a map light. When I bought it back, it the dome light. I've since bought a nice NOS dome light and installed it. (the dimmer light isn't great, but I like the nostalgia off the warm light though that opaque lens, and the map lights are cool in general) No wiring changes were needed, at least in my case.