Bullnose Forums

Fuel pump???s

Lance912

What fuel pump did you install?

Is it specifically for carburetors?

We don't have to go through inspection here, the one I put on was a Trugrade for a 302ci 2 barrel carb, mine is a single barrel, I had a feeling it might be delivering to much fuel or the float was sticking, I'm basically guessing at what parts to get because it seems that I bought a ratrod

We don't have to go through inspection here, the one I put on was a Trugrade for a 302ci 2 barrel carb, mine is a single barrel, I had a feeling it might be delivering to much fuel or the float was sticking, I'm basically guessing at what parts to get because it seems that I bought a ratrod

Well if you don't have inspection and the pump you bought is 5 or less psi I'd say your float is stuck.

Try rapping on the bowl with a screwdriver handle or something similar.

Maybe the float will come loose and stop overflowing.

"Too much volume" is not a problem.

Well if you don't have inspection and the pump you bought is 5 or less psi I'd say your float is stuck.

Try rapping on the bowl with a screwdriver handle or something similar.

Maybe the float will come loose and stop overflowing.

"Too much volume" is not a problem.

I checked the pressure on the pump and it is putting out way too much, ordered a new one with the correct psi. Should know something in a few days. Thanks for the help

I checked the pressure on the pump and it is putting out way too much, ordered a new one with the correct psi. Should know something in a few days. Thanks for the help

Out of curiosity I looked up a Carter mechanical fuel pump for your application

Their #-M60330 shows a spec of 5psi and 23 gallons per hour minimum, but honestly any pump that could deliver 3 psi and 20 gallons would be plenty for the YF on your 300.

I hope the new pump works out for you! :nabble_smiley_good:

Out of curiosity I looked up a Carter mechanical fuel pump for your application

Their #-M60330 shows a spec of 5psi and 23 gallons per hour minimum, but honestly any pump that could deliver 3 psi and 20 gallons would be plenty for the YF on your 300.

I hope the new pump works out for you! :nabble_smiley_good:

Good morning, I have installed the new pump and it will crank and run for a minute or so. When I give it a little gas it dies like the fuel has been cut off. I know it's a long shot, but do you have any idea what might cause that?

Good morning, I have installed the new pump and it will crank and run for a minute or so. When I give it a little gas it dies like the fuel has been cut off. I know it's a long shot, but do you have any idea what might cause that?

If you got hose on the suction side of the pump maybe it is collapsing when the pump start running faster?

Without pics of the installation and wiring, a link to the specific pump you've installed, nor any details like if you've installed fuel filters and where it's going to be very difficult to diagnose this.

I kinda doubt the line is getting sucked flat if the previous replacement pump was able to easily overpower the float and gush fuel from the eec vent.

But it would be good to know if the fuel is scungy and plugging something up.