Bullnose Forums

Bronco 33gal Fuel Tank & Delivery for EFI Conversion

JimJam300

I'm 95% certain that the 33 gallon tank had a 2" sender hole for a few years after EFI came out. I believe the sender in the picture that I shared is for a 2" hole. I think they stayed with the 2" hole through 89 MY.

There's not a different FDM listed for the 85/86 Bronco in the MPC???

I can't even understand how someone could fit the pump through a 2" hole. :nabble_anim_confused:

They would certainly have a different sender in '87 on because the bricknose clusters read 16 ohms (E) and 153 ohms (F)

Backwards and over nearly double the range.

I'm 95% certain that the 33 gallon tank had a 2" sender hole for a few years after EFI came out. I believe the sender in the picture that I shared is for a 2" hole. I think they stayed with the 2" hole through 89 MY.

Chad - While the MPC doesn't give the size of the opening for the Broncos, something changed in 85 and it wasn't the tank size. I think it was the opening size as you can see that the 85 pickups got a 4" opening.

Fuel_Tanks.thumb.jpg.aeca0ad22ec2e45d18884c4b501f3756.jpg

Chad - While the MPC doesn't give the size of the opening for the Broncos, something changed in 85 and it wasn't the tank size. I think it was the opening size as you can see that the 85 pickups got a 4" opening.

Well, it looks like Chad is right. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Here's the response from JBG. And that should mean that you can use that sending unit/pump combo for an EFI system.

JBGs_Answer.jpg.1e58ed9a779acbc07b35ff5ed676f7c3.jpg

I stand corrected. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

So, explain the difference between E0TZ9002-G and E5TZ9002-B shown above for 'U' (Bronco models)

The sun even shines on a dog’s ass every now and then. For those keep track, that’s Chad:1 and Gary: 878,465. Smart money stays on Gary.

Jim: the difference is that in 80-84, there was no in-tank pump at all. It was just a tube with a cylindrical filter and a fuel level sender. The pump was a mechanical engine mount. In 85/86, they had an electric in-tank pump for EFI. The pump was also very weird in that the outlet was next to the inlet and not at the top of the pump, so there was a line that ran alongside the pump. In 1990 they went to the FPM which wouldn’t fit in a 2” opening so they had to widen it.

The hanger assembly easily fits in the 2” opening with the pump. It’s not like you have to wrestle it in. Like I said, I managed to get a Walbro and a Fuel Mat in there mounted to the stock hanger. It’s amazing what you can do with such a small hole (that’s what she said!).

The sun even shines on a dog’s ass every now and then. For those keep track, that’s Chad:1 and Gary: 878,465. Smart money stays on Gary.

Jim: the difference is that in 80-84, there was no in-tank pump at all. It was just a tube with a cylindrical filter and a fuel level sender. The pump was a mechanical engine mount. In 85/86, they had an electric in-tank pump for EFI. The pump was also very weird in that the outlet was next to the inlet and not at the top of the pump, so there was a line that ran alongside the pump. In 1990 they went to the FPM which wouldn’t fit in a 2” opening so they had to widen it.

The hanger assembly easily fits in the 2” opening with the pump. It’s not like you have to wrestle it in. Like I said, I managed to get a Walbro and a Fuel Mat in there mounted to the stock hanger. It’s amazing what you can do with such a small hole (that’s what she said!).

LOL! Let's not bet as Gary is frequently wrong. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Interesting that the Broncos didn't get the large opening but the pickups did. :nabble_anim_confused:

I stand corrected. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

So, explain the difference between E0TZ9002-G and E5TZ9002-B shown above for 'U' (Bronco models)

I can't. Both are 32 gallons, not the 33 that is advertised, but there must be some other difference. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Sorry, Jim. I thought you were asking about the hanger not the tank. Is it possible that the difference is the vent (or lack thereof)?

Sorry, Jim. I thought you were asking about the hanger not the tank. Is it possible that the difference is the vent (or lack thereof)?

I'm not too well versed in Bronco, obviously.... :nabble_smiley_blush:

In my little mind anything is possible until it is disproved.

So, if the bung and mounting is the same it must be something like the rollover.

I'm not too well versed in Bronco, obviously.... :nabble_smiley_blush:

In my little mind anything is possible until it is disproved.

So, if the bung and mounting is the same it must be something like the rollover.

Well alrighty then. I'll get that 85/86 sender and pump and report back.