Bullnose Forums

Rear sway bar ubolts

I think you mean diameter.... unless your axle is 8 1/2" around.

It's a U-bolt... does it have to be 10x1.5 pitch? :nabble_anim_confused:

4 1/4 x 3/8 is only .025 thinner and .040 narrower. Probably lots easier to fab or find.

Any off-road or spring shop would bend those up on the spot.

I think you mean diameter.... unless your axle is 8 1/2" around.

It's a U-bolt... does it have to be 10x1.5 pitch? :nabble_anim_confused:

4 1/4 x 3/8 is only .025 thinner and .040 narrower. Probably lots easier to fab or find.

Any off-road or spring shop would bend those up on the spot.

I'm not married to the size of the thread. I'd take a set bent at the shop. I've called around, though, and no one can make that size. The problem is that they bend u-bolts for leaf springs, which are much taller than what would be used for sway bar. Nobody in town can bend u-bolts that short with the rod they have in stock.

I'm not married to the size of the thread. I'd take a set bent at the shop. I've called around, though, and no one can make that size. The problem is that they bend u-bolts for leaf springs, which are much taller than what would be used for sway bar. Nobody in town can bend u-bolts that short with the rod they have in stock.

It's been a long time since I've been in that game.

I guess I just have to accept that it's a whole new world out there, you can't get service like that anymore..

Billy's shop closed out nearly 20 years ago..

Spring and drive line shops are few and specialized today.

It's been a long time since I've been in that game.

I guess I just have to accept that it's a whole new world out there, you can't get service like that anymore..

Billy's shop closed out nearly 20 years ago..

Spring and drive line shops are few and specialized today.

I ordered them on the intertubes. $12 to ship $12 worth of u-bolts. Still better than a swift kick in the nuts.